Driver/Guard - Security
( Learn More )
REPORTS TO (POSITION): Branch Manager
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
401(k) Retirement plan
Responsible for the safe delivery and pick-up of customer valuables and/or cargo via armored truck transportation. This is a PM position, running 3:00pm - close.
The essential functions of this position are:
1. Operate armored trucks in a safe manner, abiding by all federal, state, local and company regulations.
2. Deliver valuables to customers (banks, retail stores, restaurants, etc.). Interact with customers, representing the company in accordance with company standards, maintaining proper conduct, appearance (uniforms), personal hygiene, etc.
3. Complete paperwork accurately and in accordance and in accordance with procedures.
4. Maintain a security awareness at all times, whether driving a vehicle and watching for the hopper or outside of the vehicle delivering shipments to the customer.
5. Receive shipments and cargo at the beginning of the shift and check-in cargo and shipments at the end of the shift to the vault, ensuring the balancing of the receipts.
6. Perform necessary first line maintenance on the vehicle at the beginning and/or end of the shift.
7. May operate runs/routes dedicated to specific needs, i.e. Federal Reserve, BEP
(Bureau of Engraving and Printing).
8. May be assigned to participate in jewelry shows throughout the country.
9. Other duties as required.
The minimum Knowledge, Education, Experience, Skills, and/or Abilities required to perform this job are, including any physical requirements:
1. Must be at least 21 years of age, per Department of Transportation regulations.
2. Must possess a valid Commercial Driver's License and maintain current license with a good driving record.
3. Ability to obtain a gun permit, where necessary. (A criminal conviction may prevent issuance of a gun permit.)
4. Experience in security field and/or transportation as a driver is preferred.
5. Must be able to qualify for any other work-related permits required by branch, such as Airport pass, Federal Reserve access, etc.
6. Must be able to read, write and understand English and perform basic math skills. Must have good communication skills and be able to communicate with customers and communicate with one’s partner or base location via radio and/or two-way radio.
7. Must be able to lift bagged coin three to five feet, weighing 30-50 pounds a bag, several dozen times daily and carry bags from the vehicle to a customer or back.
8. Must be able to step in and out of an armored truck 40-70 times per day.
Dunbar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, disability, veteran or other protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test