Responsibilities and Duties: 1. Maintain current information on manufacturer updates and changes concerning vehicles.
2. Complete inspection of arriving vehicles for damage and ensure vehicles inspected meet the program standards as defined by the account or contract. Complete end of term (E.O.T.) returns. Notify the Inspection manager when a vehicle does not meet the standards as defined by the account or contract.
3. Work with bank and factory representatives on site to ensure a quality inspection is completed.
4. Complete all new hire and continuing training modules applicable.
5. Reduce arbitration vehicles and auction liability by completing thorough inspections.
6. Maintain a working knowledge on improvements and changes concerning body shop labor; maintain knowledge of current rates, labor and parts charges to ensure that ECR’s are completed correctly.
7. Submit completed condition reports to the facility inspection manager or designated account office by download from hand-held device or submission of written report.
8. Ensure proper follow through on all directives, bulletins, schedules and reports from auction management and corporate sources. Maintain a good flow of information and communication with all personnel.
9. Monitor all shop area conditions, vehicles, property and equipment to ensure they are within corporate standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance and safety.
10. Maintain good operating condition of all equipment. Advise the Inspection manager of all equipment breakdowns and maintenance immediately.
11. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
12. Must know, practice, and ensure that company policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws are followed at all times.
13. Provide prompt and courteous service both in person and on the phone. Maintain a professional appearance and neat work environment consistent with company policy.Educational Requirements and Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED, one (1) year of mechanical/automotive/inspection experience required. A general knowledge of automotive components and bodywork process and or physical damage training, along with basic computer skills preferred. Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
The physical activity requirements of the position are Light to Medium Physical Work.
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions.
Constant –reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing
Frequent-stooping, bending, repetitive motion
Occasional- balancing, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, lifting
Potential - running, jumping, yelling or other rapid forceful movement in emergency situations.Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to inside and outside environmental working conditions including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards as electrical, mechanical, and cleaning equipment, body shop, painting and cleaning chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with body shop and paint operations .
Summary of Benefits
• Benefits for Full-Time Employees commence on first of month following 30 days of Employment
• 3 Medical Plan Options, 2 Dental Plan Options and 2 Vision Plan Options
• Health Savings Account – Portable account used to pay for medical expenses and funded with Pre-tax Deductions and Annual Employer Contributions ($400 Individual Coverage/ $800 for Family Coverage)
• 401K Plan with 100% Employer Match on first 4% Employee Contribution
• The following Benefits are 100% Employer Paid: 2x Salary Life Insurance, 65% Salary Short Term Disability, 2/3x Salary Long Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Program, Sock Purchase Plan, Flexible Spending Account
• 6 Paid Holidays, 5 Paid Sick Days, 5 Personal Days, and 10 Days of Vacation (prorated based on hire date).
• Voluntary Benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Identity Theft)