Apex Systems Inc. is immediately seeking a Windows Administrator who is a self-starter, highly organized and has a strong drive for quality. This position will support one of our highly regarded clients in the government arena, and offer a strong upside for growth. If you want to work with a dynamic group of dedicated, technical professionals on a collaborative team that supports a life-saving mission of global importance, we encourage you to apply.
Position: Windows Administrator
Location: Greater Washington DC Area
Clearance: Public Trust
Windows Administrator Job Description:
The successful candidate will be responsible for deploying, optimizing, and maintaining critical web applications on Windows to ensure maximum uptime, security and efficient operation.
Role & Responsibilities for Windows Administrator:
Requirements for Windows Administrator:
• Experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows workstation configuration management through Group Policy Objects (GPO) as well as the ability to create custom policies?
• Expert knowledge of Windows operating systems (7, 8.1, 10)?
• Strong knowledge of Windows registry and file system security?
• Experience with automated deployment to networked workstations?
• Experience with scripting and automation tools?
• Experience with configuration and change management process and documentation?
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal error and guidance?
• A solid understanding of networking concepts and technologies including: Ethernet, Wireless, DNS, firewalls, and DHCP are required.
Desired Skills for Windows Administrator:
• Experience using SCCM Configuration Manager as well as experience deploying applications?
• Visual Basic scripting ?
• Knowledge of MSSQL?
• MCSE certification preferred?
• Experience with computer encryption technologies.
Bachelor’s degree or work experience equivalent and 10+ years total information technology experience
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.