Inside Sales Representative
( Learn More )
Description: Join the fun and exciting sales team referred to as 'The Crossroads of US instrument Sales!' As an Inside Sales Representative supporting Agilent's Life Science and Applied Markets Group (LSAG), you will be applying your analytical instrumentation knowledge and prior sales experience in our dynamic sales environment.
You will be assigned your own product portfolio of instruments, accessories, and software. Specifically, this will include GC, GC-MS, LC, LC-MS, UV-Vis and FT-IR, among others. You will also be expected to provide quick response to customer sales inquiries from the phone, web, and email.
You will focus on acquiring new customers and retaining and growing an existing installed base of customers.
Based in our Wilmington, Delaware sales center, you will work with the outside field sales channel to drive order growth through inbound customer calls, Account Manager referrals, prospecting, etc. You will provide a quick response in the form of quotations and technical information, and be expected to provide cross-selling or up-selling to the customer to drive sales. You will be responsible for closing the sale on your assigned products, managing a sales funnel, and generating leads for the outside field sales partners.
In addition to your sales responsibilities, you will:
- Work with less experienced team members to provide them with training (sales and technical), coaching, mentoring and overall development.
- Partner with other District Owners, Product Specialists, Account Manager, Manufacturer Representative, etc. across the U.S. to handle complex (e.g., SP 1) system configuration sales opportunities.
- Participate in channel specific initiatives, meetings, training solutions, and commercialization and other sales activities.
- Provide guidance to team members, Solutions Unit and others as needed to solve complex, high impact problems.
- Assist managers and team with developing sales strategies to achieve team, as well as district performance goals and objectives.
- Work with managers to plan, organize and implement various sales and technical training initiatives and events. Description: Qualifications: - BS/MS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or equivalent
- experience, including hands-on GC/HPLC, MS or Molecular Spectroscopy direct/indirect sales experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic team environment.
- Should have some experience using database software applications such as SAP or other customer relationship management (CRM) database. Proficiency in MS Office preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and phone communications skill with a strong interest in interacting directly with customers (via phone, email).
- Available for up to 10% travel if needed.
- No relocation benefits provided.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualifications:
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test