Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Welder II position in the Global Utility Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will weld metal components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders, using brazing and a variety of arc and gas welding equipment. A thorough knowledge of welding procedures and practices are essential to ensure the quality of the product. Additionally, you will…
* Fuse (weld) metal structural components together by means of arc welding using one process in the fabrication of steel electrical poles, substations, and other structures
* Perform welding operations requiring a limited amount of planning of work from blueprints or other written specifications and determining operation sequence
* Perform some welding on objects involving moderate safety and load requirements working in one position
* Move pole shafts using an overhead crane and gather parts and materials to complete the project
* Perform other duties as directed by leaders and management
* Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures
What it takes
* Graduation from an acceptable Technical Training Program or an accredited trade school for welding
* Have at least 6 months of previous hands-on welding experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
* Interpretation of blue prints, including weld requirement symbology
* Must pass GMAW 1-G flat plate and / or rotational weld test and maintain certification
* At the end of 90 calendar days the candidate must be able to maintain an acceptable level of production, quality and attendance as determined by management
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
* American Welding Society (AWS) welding certification from a recognized school
* Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
* The ability to accurately and honestly check one's own work for quality assurance
* One year previous experience operating hand and / or power tools
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].