• Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a written physician's plan of care. This may include, but will not be limited to:
o Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status, and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluates home environment.
o Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROMpotential for rehab.
o Directing physical therapy treatment.
o Instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
o Determining priority needs for physical therapy.
o Reporting to physician patient's reaction to treatment or changes in condition.
• Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
• May train patient in the use of prosthetic device.
• Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
• Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
• Participates in discharge planning for patient.
• Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals as directed by Agency and Organization policy.
• Provides physical therapy consultation to home families/caregivers when indicated.
• Provides in-service education programs for nursing organization personnel as needed.
• Participates in peer consultation process.
• Supervises physical therapy assistants according to Agency and Organization policy and state regulations.
• When therapy is the only skilled service, instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care per Agency guidelines and applicable regulations.
• Should be good steward of all agency financial resources, including but not limited to arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services needed.
• Performs duties in accordance of and under the direction/supervision as defined by the Agency's organizational chart.
• Follows agency policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of patients and agency information.
• Participates in appropriate team conferences, staff meetings, in-service and committees with physicians and agency staff to ensure continuity of care.
• Completes and submits all documentation, including clinical and progress notes in a timely manner according to agency policy.
• Attends in-service and education as required.
• Adheres to Federal/ State guidelines rules regulations, statutes and law.
• Follows the Code of Conduct policy.