Job ID: 136801
Western Rock Products, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Traffic Control Supervisor
Job Description Summary
This position involves various manual tasks. Work will be performed per the supervisor's instruction.
• Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions.
• Must be able to work varying shift schedule.
• Communicate with flaggers regarding traffic on the job site.
• Direct traffic using the appropriate signs.
• Work to ensure the safety of pedestrians and material drivers going to and from the job.
• Other duties as assigned per supervisor.
• Hours of operation: fulltime (seasonal) days, swings, nights.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
• Valid Certified Traffic Control Card a plus
• Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
• Ability to do basic math.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
• Standard Driver’s License is required.
• A medical card is required
• High school diploma or General Education Degree GED is preferred.
• Previous related experience in the construction field is a plus.
• Two years of experience preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 100 lbs. Physical agilities test may be required. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!