Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Experience with VMware vSphere (5.5 or later), Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2 (Active Directory, DNS and DHCP), Windows 10 and Exchange 2010/2013.
- Desired experience with NetIQ Identify & Access Management tools, CommVault Backup Solutions, SharePoint 2010/2013, Solar Winds monitoring tools or NetApp Storage Appliances.
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a TS/SCI Clearance. - Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.- Additional specific certifications may be required.- This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.