Title: Service Desk Technician
Contract: Long term, open ended
Location: Columbus, OH
Must Have: Associates or Bachelors Degree
Service Desk technician is a 24 x 7 position. Working hours will be based on what shift is open and available at the time. Working start and end hours are subject to change as business needs dictate. Contractors will the standard M-F 9-5 while training.
Apex is currently seeking a Service Desk Technician for a long term position in Columbus, OH. The qualified candidate will have the following experience:
• Working knowledge of networks, particularly Ethernet topology and TCP/IP protocols
• Comfortable working with mainframe sessions
• Ability to walk the client through Windows operating system
• Configuration and installation problems such as installing printers and other peripheral drivers and remote access networking.
• Ability to support the following applications and operating systems:
o Windows 2007
o Microsoft Office
o Lotus Notes
o Microsoft Exchange
o Internet Explorer v 8.0 or above
o McAfee anti-virus.
• Prepare and/or update trouble tickets or service requests for all client calls, emails, and voicemails - documenting all activities completely and accurately in the ticket.
• Installing software, configuring systems, providing competent problem research and diagnosis delivered as promised.
• Ability to type and talk simultaneously.
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy and customer service at an acceptable level.
•Ability to stay self-motivated.
• Ability to learn and retain new information quickly.
• Ability and willingness to adapt in a diverse, fast paced, constantly changing support environment.
• Ability to meet departmental attendance requirements.
• Prior experience in a Help Desk or other customer focused technical support environment.
• Excellent phone etiquette and written and oral communication skills.
• Customer service driven, detail oriented team player.
• Trouble-shooting and analytical skills with strong first call resolution ability
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.