Senior Logistics Engineer / Analyst Job
( Learn More )
Senior Logistics Engineer / Analyst (Job Number:432004)
SAIC is looking for talented and accomplished staff to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD), Weapons Control and Integration Department, Strike Weapons Systems Division. The body of work includes total systems engineering, software development, and test and evaluation capabilities to various Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) and Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) Programs. Projects include systems, software, and test engineering, along with system analysis and modeling and simulation of a variety of weapons systems, weapon control systems, and warfare systems, most notably the Tomahawk Weapon System (TWS) and the Tactical Tomahawk Weapon Control System (TTWCS).
- Performs system fault analysis, life cycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) of major systems.
- Controls the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements.
- May also plan, schedule and manage the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production.
- Develops raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules and plans and manages material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
- Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistic processes.
- Logistics functions encompass maintenance, supply, transportation and logistics plans.
- Inherently included as logistics tasks are program formulation, policy planning, coordination, inspection, integrated logistics processes, joint planning logistics, acquisition and wholesale logistics, product support, asset visibility, material management and supervision.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain a SECRET
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline; or six (6) years of demonstrated subject matter expertise in the discipline of logistics functions and applications, including the qualifications below; or US Naval operational experience at the E7 level or higher.
- In addition, six (6) years professional or operational experience in developing logistics support requirements and applicable documentation for a major DOD weapon systems program that employs the use of GOTS and COTS products.
- This includes five (5) years of concurrent experience in logistics management concepts, policies, systems, and practices in order to provide extensive analysis of current and future logistics infrastructure.
- Ability to develop logistic support requirements, identify and establish linkage between functions and tasks common to multiple organizational missions.
- Professional or operational experience in developing logistics support requirements and applicable documentation.
- Six (6) years of concurrent experience, demonstrated for current Navy programs such as Tomahawk, in performing logistics management functions involving the development of training products, sparing allocation, and embedded help/training for a major weapon control system.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2017, 3:32:55 PM
Primary Location: United States-HI-HONOLULU
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test