IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
Responsible for executing in-store sales building merchandising and marketing programs for existing and new Hoosier Lottery retailers to achieve profit targets. The Retail Specialist 1 (RS1) needs to understand retail merchandising techniques, local market trends and industry benchmarks in order to develop parameters to optimize retailer sales across the state of Indiana: Specifically responsible for training methods across various retailer base on Lottery operations, merchandising, and promoting strategies to increase sales.PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the direction of the Sales Operations Manager, and reporting directly to the Retail Optimization Manager, the RS1 will support the regions with training, and development of new and existing Lottery Retailers. Support LSR’s in effective sales building merchandising, marketing, positioning and promotion of various lottery categories including instant games, and draw based games including sales tools training and execution.
- Working directly with the LSR’s, Key Account Managers, and Division Managers, executing sales building initiatives to drive incremental revenue for corporate and regional chains.
- Provide detailed training for new and existing retailers teaching best practices on lottery ticket promotion, positioning, marketing and retailing; ensuring most effective customer service support.
- Detailed training for all new Gemini / ITVM placements with Lottery retailers and existing retailers teaching the techniques of loading, reports, inventory levels, and accounting procedures, ensuring most effective use of the equipment.
- Conduct surveys to identify and develop specific objectives for retailers that have potential for incremental revenue through merchandising, marketing, and selling opportunities.
- Responsibilities include management of assigned current and future Route and Full Service vending locations.
- Training and set-up for all assigned self-service equipment placements.
- Assist Divisions with other sales objectives and projects as needed while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with lottery personnel and lottery retailers.
- Review sales and marketing analysis of existing Lottery retailer base identifying opportunities for growth.
- Continuous interaction with various classes of retailers and promote specific tactics designed to help them achieve their potential.
- Analyze retailers in cases where their current performance is considerably lower than their predictive performance and provide opportunities to help them achieve their potential.
- Assist with other projects as assigned. Delivery and placement of Lottery equipment during special projects or as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, sales/marketing or related field or equivalent experience.3 –5 years of related retail sales, consumer package goods and relevant marketing experience.
Must be able to synthesize, frame and position sales and marketing concepts in a compelling, persuasive manner in order to effectively convey product benefits, key selling features and differentiation.
Must be able to speak clearly with strong empathetic interpersonal skills.
Expresses self well in group or in one-to-one conversations.
Must be able to produce written materials that are clear, concise and easily understood.
General understanding of lottery transactions and how the lottery operates.
Physical (% time: travel, operating machinery, environmental etc.)
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.