Senior Linux System Administrator Job
( Learn More )
Senior Linux System Administrator (Job Number:431843)
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user, large scale, computer systems.
- Responsible for the successful design, support, and integration of all System Administration Security functions related to all Unix platforms.
- This consists of standalone, virtual machine, and large scale High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster based systems.
- Solid knowledge of Linux and general Unix operating systems concepts as well as extensive systems administration experience is a requirement.
- Successful candidate will also perform standard Linux System Administration duties as required.
- Must provide clear and extensive documentation on system administration procedures for routine and complex tasks, and possess experience in compiling, installing, and porting software.
- Candidate must have experience in multi-factor authentication platforms and solutions, and Identity Management such as OpenID, LDAP, and Kerberos.
- This position may need to provide after-hours support and respond to emergency situations and resolve problems.
- Bachelors and 5+ years or more experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- Must currently possess an active Top Secret clearance, or a Secret clearance with completed SSBI for Top Secret eligibility.
- DOD 8570 certification required (Security + CE)
- Current Linux/Red Hat OS Certification.
- Solid knowledge of Linux, general Unix operating systems concepts and extensive systems administration experience (5+ years).
- Security implementations using multi-factor authentication, PKI, or Kerberos and Unix OS hardening to DoD STIG standards.
- Must provide clear and extensive documentation on system administration procedures for routine and complex tasks.
- Experience with compiling, installing, and porting software.
- Ability to understand application scaling issues related to problem resolution, algorithm choice.
- Storage Architectures: SAN, SAS, FC, SATA, Bandwidth, Performance
- Ability to manage development of appropriate application benchmarks, analyze results and determine optimal configurations for processor type/speed, size of memory/cache, and memory interconnect fabric for customer problem domains.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 27, 2017, 2:38:37 PM
Primary Location: United States-MS-VICKSBURG
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test