Responsible for the accurate picking and placement of product to meet company standards of safety, quality, security, and productivity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Pick and verify item number(s) listed on Sales Orders by U/M, lot number, bin location or quantity.
2. Stack material neatly on 40"x 48" wooden pallet with no overhang and maximum height of 7".
3. If applicable, stack material on slip-sheets not to exceed height of 50" on single pallets and 102" on double pallets.
4. Stage sales orders picked in designated staging area.
5. Package item numbers with U/M of each, box, in an over shipper and record item number(s) and quantity enclosed; identify over shipper with an appropriate label.
6. Complete BOL on Master Billed Sales Orders.
7. Forward applicable copies of Sales Orders to Distribution Clerk.
8. Perform and record Operators Daily Checklist
9. Change equipment batteries as needed.
10. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
11. Notify supervisor of any unsafe acts, equipment, and re-occurring error codes.
12. Perform housekeeping duties.
13. Participate in physical inventory count.
14. Support the company Quality Policy, Mission Statement and ISO Quality System
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Forklift experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence.
2. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
3. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
4. Computer experience preferred; ability to learn and function in a SAP and Microsoft
5. Ability to obtain a forklift certification, as needed, through company provided training
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & WORK AIDS
1. Personal Computer
2. MS Office Suite
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS
1. Inside working conditions.
1. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
2. Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
3. Active work: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
4. Visual Acuity: Closely viewing in order to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.