Basic Summary of Position:
Plans and provides medically prescribed dietary nutrition assessment and counseling to affect improved clinical outcomes, and to and empower each patient to make positive and lasting steps towards having better health and more energy, by performing the following duties.
Patients, clinic employees, physicians, nurse case managers, adjustors, patient family, compliance department.
Ability to provide a comprehensive evaluation of a patient and develop a patient care plan. Documentation is fully compliant per payer type in a timely manner.
Documentation or chart review
1. Evaluates new patient referrals and delivers nutrition assessment and counseling within the scope defined by the State. Demonstrates competency in required skills and knowledge within experience level, including: problem-solving, judgment, patient satisfaction, and outcomes.
2. Develops and implements an individualized plan of care.
3. Identifies patient knowledge deficits and assesses level of education needs; identifies goals specifically for the lifestyle of each patient; interprets and monitors lab data; establishes solid baseline data for use in monitoring and evaluating ongoing progress and goal setting.
4. Educates the patient in nutrition wellness and positively coaches each patient towards meeting their disease or weight management goals.
5. Manages a patient care schedule that meets production standards.
6. Documents all clinical activity including evaluations, daily notes, status reports, discharge notes, and utilization reviews in accordance with standards.
7. Insures that documentation is prepared and forwarded in a timely manner, as defined by company standards, to referral source(s) using the APT documentation system. Documentation will be complete, accurate and written with attention to proper grammar. Documentation supports time-based charges.
8. Confers with referral source(s), insurance company representatives, and other pertinent parties as necessary to appropriately manage patient care.
9. Establishes individually specific goals. Performs initial evaluations, status reports and discharges consistent with the practice patterns of the company. Fully understands all parameters and limitations set forth by the insurance company/payer and effectively manages the case to ensure proper and timely payment.
10. Communicates with patients, personnel, and other pertinent parties effectively. Interacts in a friendly, courteous, concise and professional manner in both written and verbal communications.
11. Provides consistently outstanding customer service, by answering questions, keeping people informed, responding in a timely manner, and remaining eager to serve.
12. Contributes positive energy towards an enjoyable, cooperative and smooth-functioning work environment. Assists clinic with various tasks as needed and available.
13. Attends all allowable marketing visits and provider luncheons with the clinic director (1-2/mo.). The RDN may independently conduct marketing visits as pre-approved by clinic director.
14. Participates in company meetings. Attends company-sponsored functions and community events as able.
15. Actively pursues clinical continuing education, with a focus on evidence-based practice. Actively works towards professional growth and development goals. Utilizes outcome data to determine needs for training.
16. Confers with other staff members and director to increase and share skills/knowledge. Solicits and accepts feedback on job performance.
17. Understands and follows corporate Safety, Compliance and HIPAA Privacy Programs.
18. Understands and complies with operational and personnel policies and procedures such as dress code, front office procedures and attendance.
19. Proactive in maintaining CPR and active professional licensure as required by Washington State.
20. Attend and participate in all focus of the day meetings.
21. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees.
22. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
23. Ability to comply with ATI standards of operations.
24. Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company.
1. Maintain cleanliness of clinic and treatment areas.
2. Assistance in answering phones and providing intake forms to new patients
3. Perform other duties as assigned by management
No direct reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor or Masters of Science in Nutrition or comparable major.
Current License or Certification:
Registered dietician certified in the appropriate state. Must be current, and in good standing
Skills and Abilities:
• Action Oriented;
• Building Effective Teams;
• Business Acumen
• Career Ambition;
• Comfort around Higher Management;
• Command Skills;
• Conflict Management;
• Customer Service Skills;
• Dealing with Ambiguity;
• Drive for Results;
• Microsoft Office;
• Organize and manage multiple priorities;
• Interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills;
• Presentation skills;
• Problem solving;
• Team player;
• Time management;
• Timely decision making; and
• Commitment to company values.
Travel Required: As needed based on patient / clinic needs
Hours Required: As needed per offer letter