AmeriGas Propane is the nation's largest propane distributor, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural and motor fuel propane customers in all 50 states. AmeriGas is listed on the New York stock exchange [NYSE: APU]. For more information visit our website at www.amerigas.com
The Customer Relations Representative (CRR) acts as the first point of contact for all AmeriGas customers. The CRR is responsible for ensuring an extraordinary customer experience by building and maintaining relationships with customers and providing prompt and accurate service.
The CRR will drive customer retention and growth through accurate posting of daily work through SAP, handling customer complaints and inquiries, a commitment to accuracy when reconciling accounts receivables, and strong organization skills when supporting delivery and service operations.
Depending on how many CRR’s are in the office they may have to perform a select few or all of the duties and responsibilities listed below. Although not all CRR’s will be responsible for all the duties listed below, it is important that all are cross-trained appropriately for all duties and responsible in their particular district.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• As the first line of customer contact, represents AmeriGas in a positive way on a daily basis
• Gains new customers by introducing AmeriGas products and services, recommending strategic price programs, and scheduling site visits.
• Solves customer service issues with the goal of customer satisfaction and customer retention.
• Answers phone calls and responds to all customer inquiries including, but not limited to pricing, billing, documenting complaints and setting up new orders. Offers solutions to customer complaints that balance the best interest of the customer and the company
• Assists all walk-in customers.
• Actively participates in safety training and meets all safety training requirements
• Accurately maintains customer data, transactions, and information in SAP through accurate data entry and monitoring.
• Responsible for preparing all daily batch activities including, but not limited to service, bulk and cylinders.
• Keep track of districts daily receipts and cash on hand and complete the daily cash count. Prepares the daily bank deposit.
• Responsible for trips to the bank as well as the post office on a needed basis.
• Research and reconcile discrepancies in customer accounts.
• Maintain house accounting including cash sales, districts use and tanks on location.
• Maintain and balance petty cash fund, RAP checks and P card if one is issued for that office.
• Make credit calls to delinquent customers and perform credit checks on new customers.
• Maintain service work schedule and dispatch delivery tickets.
• Assist with routing issues as they arise.
• Maintain daily inventory of storage as well as monthly fuel inventory.
• Assist with the budget report as well as the at Risk report.
• Maintain customer and daily folders.
• Pick up and distribute mail and research returned mail.
• Enter payroll.
• Perform all end of day duties which include forwarding the phone to ECC, secure cash and print tickets for routing.
• Maintain a clean and organized office environment as well as order supplies and forms as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft office and windows based applications.
• Ability to master SAP
• Must have strong organizational skills as well as be extremely detailed oriented.
• Must be able to work well in a team-oriented environment.
• Must be service-oriented and sales minded.
• Must have a professional telephone manner with the ability to maintain composure and remain pleasant under high pressure situations.
• Must be resourceful and excel at problem resolution.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business correspondence, company policies and procedures and governmental regulations.
• Ability to multi-task under high-pressure situations.
• Ability to write business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, customers and the general public.
• Knowledge in Accounting is a plus.
Education and Experience Required:
• High school diploma required
• Two or more years in customer service industry strongly preferred
• Sales experience preferred
• Prior SAP experience is a plus
• Collections experience a plus
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Employment is contingent upon the completion and our evaluation of a drug screening test and a criminal background check in accordance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.