Manages the security of information systems assets and the protection of systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Manages the security of information systems assets and the protection of systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
2. Supervises assigned staff.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Perform preliminary forensic evaluations of internal systems.
5. Interfaces with client to understand their security needs and oversees the development and implementation of procedures to accommodate them.
6. Ensures that the user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security.
7. Weighs business needs against security concerns and articulates issues to management and/or customers.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Provides guidance in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and other similar documentation
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration, including supervisory experience.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.