HEZ Community Ambassador
Thundermist Health Center
( Learn More )
In April, 2015 Thundermist Health Center, in partnership with ten local organizations, became one of eleven communities within the state of R.I. to receive a Health Equity Zone (HEZ) grant from the R.I. Department of Health. The Health Equity Zone is seeking energetic community leaders who live in West Warwick that would love to get involved! Please note - employment would be through the Health Equity Zone, and not with Thundermist Health Center.
Once hired, each applicant will be assigned to one of the five working groups. The West Warwick Health Equity Zone is a place-based initiative to improve the environmental conditions that determine health and quality of life. The West Warwick HEZ is focused on five main areas that impact health:
• Healthy environments,
• Access to healthy and affordable food,
• Addiction recovery and prevention of drug overdose,
• Teen health, and
• Building a trauma informed community.
The project has five working groups that concentrate on one of the five focus areas. A working group will comprise of one lead organization, numerous support agencies, and two residents from the West Warwick.
The role of the Health Equity Ambassador:
1. Community leadership
2. Outreach to empower residents with skills needed to create community change
3. Ensure that all West Warwick-HEZ initiatives contain community input
4. Actively participate in one or more work group(s)
5. Actively participate in monthly HEZ Ambassador meetings
6. Assist all members of the HEZ collaborative with organizing community events and soliciting community input
• Resident of West Warwick.
• A strong pulse on the needs, challenges, triumphs and assets present in West Warwick
• Experience interacting with community residents
• The ability to follow through on immediate tasks and long term projects
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships and communicate with people who may have differing opinions
• Comfort working with diverse communities
• An intrinsic desire to improve the health of communities
$15.00 per hour as needed to actively participate in all work group conversations and community outreach/events and monthly Health Equity Ambassador meetings. Minimum commitment is 2 hours per month with potential for 10-15. Please note that the exact hours spent per month will fluctuate depending on the project’s needs and the resident consultant’s availability. Further information regarding monthly time commitments will be provided during the applicant interview
If you would like to be a part of this exciting project, please contact , Krista Handfield HEZ Project Manager at 401-767-4100, ext 4994 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Thundermist is dedicated to the goal of building and maintaining a culturally diverse workforce, committed to caring for patients in a manner that is respectful of cultural difference. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test