Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide prompt and courteous service:
A. Demonstrate friendliness and proper manners with and around every customer.
B. Maintain a professional appearance and work area consistent with the Handbook.
2. Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention from all employees.
3. Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer questions, complaints or disputes.
4. Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the manager or supervisor immediately of all serious complaints or incidents.
5. Disburse gasoline to vehicles; provide battery cables to start vehicles with non-working batteries; perform minor mechanical repairs to vehicles; repair flat tires on vehicles.
6. Immediately report to manager or supervisor anything that occurs which may potentially jeopardize the ability to physically or legally operate a motor vehicle.
7. Immediately report to manager or supervisor all driving related incidents, including traffic citations, warnings, accidents or mechanical problems experienced on either private or public property, on or off the job.
8. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
9. Maintain a good flow of communication with all personnel.10. Assure good operating condition of equipment and facilities. Advise the manager or supervisor of all breakdowns and maintenance needs immediately.
11. Make sure the area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to the manager or supervisor immediately.
12. Practice proper loss prevention and reaction procedures. Report all incidents properly and immediately to the manager or supervisor. Educational Requirements and Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED and one (1) to two (2) years experience performing minor mechanical repairs preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.Physical Requirements:
The physical activity requirements of the position are Heavy Physical Work.
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Mobile Equipment Operator Standard.
Constant – balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions
Occasional – kneeling
Potential – climbing, crawlingPhysical Working Condition:
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards, such as electrical, mechanical equipment and cleaning and pesticide chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with car exhaust, internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum dispensing operations.