The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet the changing needs of the organization.
TITLE: CLINICAL SUPPORT PARTNER
SURGICAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN
ROLE: See job description for Clinical Support Partner for generic job duties.
JOB OVERVIEW: A health care provider who is responsible for checking inventory levels and stocking daily supplies as they are received; non-critical patient care at the direction of the Anesthesiologist or Registered Nurse. Will assist with surgery room turnover, clean up and set up. Will communicate pertinent information to appropriate personnel and maintain an environment that is neat and orderly.
AREA OF ASSIGNMENT: Perioperative Services
RESPONSIBLE TO: Manager, Supervisor Perioperative Services
Previous experience as a Registered Nursing Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, or Medical Assistant in a health care setting or EMT Certification.
Washington State RNA, CNA , EMT Certification or completion of a Medical Assistant program.
Must demonstrate the ability to comprehend and immediately execute directions.
Able to communicate effectively in oral and written form in the English language.
Demonstrates the ability to work without supervision.
Demonstrates responsible behavior, initiative, confidentiality and good interpersonal skills.
Ability to communicate and work effectively with the physical and emotional developments of all age groups served.
Demonstrates ability to actively participate and apply the Valley Values in daily work.
Successful completion of the pre-hire Work Steps evaluation for Surgical Services Technician.
UNIQUE PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS, ENVIRONMENT, AND WORKING
Must be able to provide safe patient handling as defined in VMC’s Safe Patient Handling guidelines and policies to safely and appropriately transfer or move patients (or objects) of varying abilities, weights, and amounts of staff assistance. Must be able to lift from the floor to waist levels and carry items at waist level weight up to 70 pounds. Requires ability to participate in team lifting. Must be able to operate patient lifting equipment and patient handling devices accurately and safely. Requires the ability to stoop, bend, reach, crouch, and squat. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time as required for patient care duties, moving patients or supplies to other units, patient rounding, and other related duties. Requires full body range of motion including ability to reach from floor to overhead levels, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires corrected vision, hearing to normal range, and ability to distinguish colors.
See the generic job description for Clinical Support Partner for additional requirements.
Generic Job Functions: See Generic Job Description for Clinical Support Partner
B: Unique Job Functions:
• Assists with assessment data collection per unit/department standard.
• Assists with the plan of care as directed by the RN or Anesthesiologist.
• Assists other staff members as requested; turning, lifting, holding, positioning, transferring and ambulating patients.
• Assist with the preparation of specimens for sending to Pathology.
• Assists with admitting duties as needed.
• Performs to standard unit and department procedures.
• Performs to standard unit-specific equipment.
• Performs to standard communication system.
• Performs to standard hospital information system.
• Performs to standard patient transfer and transport.
• Performs to standard patient ADL’s and comfort measured.
• Room turnover as directed.
• Disinfects beds/stretchers and changes linen on beds/stretchers.
• Transports equipment, instruments, supplies, specimens, and other items as required.
• Assists in maintaining optimal physical environment for patients.
• Assists in keeping work area, equipment, and supplies clean and in order.
• Maintains security for patient’s belongings when handling them and notifies the RN of same.
• Responds to all calls for assistance to all/or any operating room or unit within Surgical Services.
• Maintains supply of compressed gas cylinders and exchanges them as needed.
• Cleans blanket warmers and supply carts as required.
• Assures that all equipment and supplies located in the OR’s are properly stocked and in working order.
• Assures that all equipment is properly cleaned and stored in appropriate location.
• Reports any missing or damaged equipment to the appropriate person.
• Check par levels, orders and restocks daily supplies as they are received.
• Follows standards and policies for reprocessing of supplies and equipment
• Monitors refrigerator and freezer temperature checks.
Assist with Blood Bank order pick ups.
Coordinates daily actives with the charge nurse or supervisor
Check in and out with charge nurse for breaks, lunches, or when
ever leaving the department.
Assist with transporting specimens to pathology.