Vistana Company Overview
Vistana Signature Experiences, Inc. (Vistana) is a leading developer, owner and operator of 22 high-end vacation ownership resort properties. Founded in 1980, Vistana is the exclusive licensee of the Sheraton® and Westin® brands in vacation ownership and uses related trademarks under license from Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. Vistana offers its more than 220,000 owners Gold status in the industry-leading Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG) program and drives value for guests by delivering exceptional levels of service and programming that are unique to the brands and distinct in the market. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Vistana is an operating business of ILG, Inc. (Nasdaq: ILG), a leading global provider of professionally delivered vacation experiences. For more information, please visit: https://www.vistana.com.
Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort - 6 Kai Ala Drive, Lahaina, HI, 96761
The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas is an uncommonly luxurious Hawaii vacation ownership opportunity, offering unique residences that embrace both Westin's standard of quality and Maui's most spectacular oceanfront vistas. The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas is set along a pristine expanse of Ka'anapali's North Beach (ranked #1 on “America's Best Beaches” list for 2003).
POSITION PURPOSE: Provide a positive, renewing experience for our owners and guests while transporting them in our shuttle or lightweight truck. Assist owners and guests in and out of vehicle. Properly communicate with other vehicles to report status of service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:AVERAGE % OF TIME
50% Drives vehicle from individual or central loading area to airports, or other destinations according to assigned schedule.
20% Assists passengers into and out of vehicle. Assist with loading and unloading baggage.
10% Operates radio or similar device to communicate with base station or other vehicles to report status of service.
10% Cleans and services vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories.
10% Keeps records of trips and behavior of passengers.
Other:Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Vistana rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONSIn addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
• Adhere to hotel safety standards.
• Perform other duties and handle projects as assigned by Manager.
• Assist in maintaining high morale level in the department by displaying a positive attitude.
• Be totally familiar with and inform guests of hotel facilities, hours of operation, and special promotions.
• Perform any or all duties assigned by management.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIESThe individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
• Most work tasks are performed in vehicle. Temperature is moderate and controlled by the hotel vehicle systems.
• Must be able to sit in a vehicle for up to 6 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Capable of operating wheel chair lift and properly securing the passenger.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDSEducation High school or equivalent education required.
Experience Previous hotel and/or driver experience required.
Licenses or Certificates Must have valid drivers license with clean driving record. CDLClass B required for Shuttle Drivers with passenger endorsement.
GroomingAll employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Vistana standards.
OtherBilingual or multilingual ability preferred.
• This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
• A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
• This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
At Vistana, we celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better – a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.