Food Services Director
4 Year Degree
2 to 3 years
Location Base: Reno or Las Vegas, NV
This position is to lead and manage all elements of the self-operated food service organization for IGT. The role will oversee all food service operations, contracts, purchasing, staffing, and business operations for 5 employee cafeterias in Nevada, Rhode Island and New Brunswick, Canada, each serving 300 – 2000 employees. Responsible for developing and executing food service strategy to meet operational and financial goals while providing an exciting and superior product for our customers.
First Year Goals
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Satisfy the needs of IGT and customers by providing high quality, cost effective food service in cafeterias and catering.
• Develop attractive menus meeting the needs of the customers at that particular location.
• Interview and hire unit staff employees in accordance with corporate, client, Federal, State and local regulations, provide training, and conduct performance management discussions.
• Participate and lead in establishing corporate employee training and development programs.
• Supervise, direct and schedule the activities of unit food service personnel
• Maintain accurate and timely accounting and financial records.
• Prepare and monitor unit operating budgets and budgets for capital projects.
• Maintain sanitary and safe operation in accordance with federal, state and local health regulations. This includes following HACCP guidelines to prevent food-borne illnesses.
• Establish effective communication channels with customers and IGT management which provides a system of feedback on the overall success of the operation. This feedback should lead to the implementation of operational improvements that better meet the needs of both clients and customers.
• Be able to forecast future food production on a per meal, daily, and weekly basis.
• Be able to prepare and cost menus to meet requirements of client and customers.
• Know basic principles of merchandising relative to the sale of food, including line setup; employee appearance and attitude and cleanliness of equipment. Plan and deliver periodic promotions to drive morale, business, and satisfaction
• Be able to determine necessary selling prices
• Negotiate with and select appropriate vendors for all food service supplies, equipment, systems and services
• Manage Point of Sale system including reporting, cash and non-cash receipts, and programing
• 3 to 5 years of corporate or multi-unit food service operation management experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food Service Management, hospitality or equivalent
• 2-3 years of food production and service experience
Other Skills and Requirements:
• Strong Culinary and customer service skills
• Strong catering background, both on premise and offsite
• Strong leadership, customer service and communication skills
• Must be proficient in various computer applications used in the normal course of business (Microsoft Word, E-Mail)
• Must be able to travel - estimate 10-15% of the time Special requirements needed
Security Investigation Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
• Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
• Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
• Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
• Foster innovation
Posting Code: ~cb~ #LI-KK1 .
An Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test