CSI Technologist (SR692) Job
( Learn More )
CSI Technologist (SR692) (Job Number:432230)
CSI Technologist Service Description:
The End User Computer Support Department is forming a new team that is responsible for Problem Management and service improvement, as well as innovation in the desktop environment. The team is responsible for identifying root-cause and implementing solutions that enable the End User Computing Group to deliver a more efficient, stable, and agile service. A position is available for a CSI Technologist who will participate on the team and work with the Continual Service Improvement Team (CSI) Service Manager. The PM/CSI team is expanding into Tier4 technical support with primary responsibility in troubleshooting issues with deep technical complexity and responsibilities to create knowledge that can propagate future solutions. Additionally, the selected candidate will be part of a team that takes the lead in developing and implementing key parts of the CSI strategy, including evaluating requirements, recommending solutions, and developing custom-made IT Systems to identified errors in the environment.
- Provide Tier 3 support for assigned teams
- Development of in-house systems in accordance with the agreed standards
- Supports a wide range of computer hardware, software, and customer specific applications
- Provide the highest level of technical support to the team on any and all projects
- Assist users in the production of functional specifications and produce technical specifications
- Assist with the production of supporting documentation including policies and procedures for delivered services
- Author technical documentation for support staff and other developers
- Maintain an appropriate level of skill/knowledge to carry out assigned tasks
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- 2+ years experience, or relevant discipline
- Experience with installation, configuration, and administration of Windows OS, including patching
- Experience with VMware vSphere and vCenter
- Skill utilizing software diagnostic tools and the ability to conduct appropriate troubleshooting processes
- Ability to effectively team and communicate with team members, customers, vendors, and other IT functional groups
- Understanding of network technologies and concepts
- Skill utilizing software diagnostic tools and the ability to conduct appropriate troubleshooting processes and conduct appropriate upgrades
- Strong understanding of the cybersecurity practices, procedures
- Ability to independently plan, prioritize, execute and complete projects while managing multiple project and operational tasks, often under strict deadlines
- Proven record of accomplishment of technical expertise and innovation development.
- Ability to conduct independent research into networking issues and products as required.
- 2+ Year's enterprise experience with WAN/WLAN/Lan technologies, peripherals, and architecture.
- Knowledge of the following network principals and competencies:
- 1. TCP/IP, PPP, VRRP, HSRP, BGP, IGRP/EIGRP, NAT, QoS, & SNMP, WAAS, VOIP
- 2. Ethernet Cisco routers and switches, Netscaller load balancers and
- 3. Voice & data network design and maintenance
- 4. Experience in deploying, and maintaining complex Unified Communications platforms.
- 5. WAN acceleration technologies LAN technologies and routing such as EIGRP,
- 6. SSL and multi-vendor VPN deployments.
- 7. Campus switching technologies.
- 8. Security protocols such as Radius, SSH, and TACACS.
- 9. Deploy and maintain IDS/IPS systems and the ability to parse activity logs.
- 10. DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, and Syslog.
- 11. Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- 12. Network security principals, technologies, and tools (SEIM, Sensors, Cloud Services)
- 13. Network Monitoring tools
- Active DOE Q or DOD Top Secret
- CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate
- ITSM familiarity (Advanced user and Metric gathering, analyzing)
- Experience with Vmware Horizon View
- Strong Windows desktop OS troubleshooting skills and experience
- Experience with Linux-based servers or virtual appliances
- Understanding of API integration with other software programs
- CompTIA A+
- ITIL Foundations Certification or strong understanding of ITIL process and methodology
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 14, 2017, 9:02:14 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: DOE Q
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test