Specialist,IT Data & Analytics | Data Analyst
( Learn More )
The Data Analyst will support the Agency Solutions team in Columbus OH.
Ideal candidate will have experience working with advanced SQL queries to mine data from a variety of relational database management systems with an emphasis on Oracle and Teradata.
Candidate should understand data profiling concepts and have experience profiling and modeling data using a tool such as IBM Information Analyzer, Informatica Data Quality, or similar technology.
Experience with building and troubleshooting ETL flows within Informatica or a similar tool and a good understanding of ETL development best practices.
JOB SUMMARY: With full competence, implements data and analytic capabilities, practices, processes, standards, and procedures to align strategy with stakeholder needs and current levels of data and analytic maturity; may support development of data and analytic strategies, or analyze trends and patterns in structured and unstructured data in support of business problem solving.Work may include the management and manipulation of complex high volume data from a variety of sources, leading analysis for multiple business units, synthesis of analytic results, development and implementation of techniques and procedures for one or more areas of data and analytics including audits, development of domain governance staffing, data analytics, data mapping, modeling, data and analytic requirements, data architecture, and statistical analysis.Support complex projects and undertake moderate projects requiring specialized technical skills. Support data-intensive programs, projects, and/or domains to align enterprise data and analytic policies, standards, and strategies.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Manager/Director
CORE JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Independently, provide expertise in one or more aspects of data and analytics for the enterprise, or assigned domain(s), program(s) or project(s) to ensure the quality and reliability of data being used in decision making.
2. Consult on moderately complex data and analytic projects or programs to improve efficiency and quality of data. Work with partners in assessment, planning, development, and/or implementation of data and analytic practices through development of standards and practices, alignment of applications and systems, clarification and/or implementation of requirements, development and use of audit and other controls, and communication of status and metrics.
3. Provide technical consulting on data and analytic strategies, practices and standards for moderately complex initiatives.
4. Responsible for identification, planning, mapping, analysis, synthesis and/or audit of complex enterprise, domain or data-intensive projects. Responsibilities include research and development of new data governance and analytic best practices and implementation of solutions.
5. Consult within their specialty areas on one or more highly specialized phases of data and analytics which may include data governance, development of data strategy, data modeling, data requirements, risk assessment, gaps in data and analytics, quantitative techniques, modeling, manipulation of complex high-volume data from a variety of sources, and/or requirement elicitation.Support development, communication, and implementation of solutions for use across the enterprise, a specific domain, program or project.
6. Identify data risks and opportunities by participating in reviews, evaluations, and analysis. Determine the cause of risk and suggest approaches to improve results.
7. Analyze and resolve complex data, data governance, and/or analytic issues.
8. Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, business, statistics, math, a related field or comparable experience and education required.
License/Certification/Designation: See the role guide
Experience: See role guide for additional specifics
Required: Five years of progressive experience in data, data governance, data science (including large customer data bases and work with product, geographic, demographic, customer, prospect, producer, social, machine and unstructured data to identify trends and opportunities) analytics and/or manipulation of complex high-volume data from a variety of sources.
Preferred: Experience with insurance, financial services or related industry. Consulting experience, knowledgeable and experienced with the core functions of an organization, experience with process design and mapping and continuous improvement.
Required: Knowledge in one or more of the technical areas which support data and analytics including: data governance, data analysis, data science, data strategy, etc. Understand how to use technology to drive and meet business goals. Proven knowledge of emerging industry, competitor, customer demography, regulatory, data and analytic, and market trends as they relate to insurance, reinsurance, and related financial services industries.
Preferred: Knowledge in insurance or financial industry. Understanding of best practices for one or more of the technical areas within data and analytics.
Skills/Competencies: See Role Profile for additional specifics.
Required: Demonstrated ability in: Planning and organizational skills; Effective communications (written, verbal, and visual) with management/stakeholders; Analysis of moderately complex systems and strategies; Building partnerships; Informing; Collaboration; and Influence. Ability to coach or train others. Ability to successfully analyze and recommend solutions for data and analytic problems which meet business needs.
Technical skills may be required in one or more of the following areas: core statistics skills including an understanding of probability; ability to evaluate sources of variation; experienced with modeling techniques including supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms, business intelligence tools, data requirements elicitation, data visualization tools, interpretation of metrics
Preferred: Demonstrated knowledge in Nationwide business practices, Resource capacity planning, Organizational agility, and Enterprise solution delivery methodology; Taxonomy; Business transformation planning; Enterprise solution delivery methodology; Information technology acumen; Nationwide business knowledge; Validation testing; Data gap & impact analysis; Planning & managing work; Quality process improvement, Data governance methodologies, and/or Business domain expertise.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by the: hiring manager’s leader and HRBP.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt).
Working Conditions: Normal office environment
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Job Family/Function: MIS/DAN
Job Evaluation Activity: 11/2015 KLG
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test