Registered Nurse - Amarillo Travel Assignment
Company: Maxim Staffing Solutions
2 Year Degree
Maxim Healthcare Services is seeking an ICU/CCU Registered Nurse (RN) to be a member of the Intensive Care / Critical Care Department and manage patients with multi-system failure and a variety of life threatening illnesses. The ICU/CCU Registered Nurse (RN) assumes responsibility and accountability for assigned patients and is responsible to the Clinical Manager of client facility designee.
• Performs specific treatments as ordered by the physician and under the supervision of the RN, ARNP, or MD.
• Initiates an accurate individualized patient assessment based on presenting problems or needs and the medical diagnosis within the time frame specified by client facility policy, procedures and protocols.
• Completes ongoing assessments as determined by patient condition and/or unit policy.
• Provides for individualized patient/family education, discharge planning with special consideration to the growth and developmental needs of the patient.
• Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as directed by client facility policy, procedure and protocols.
• Documents patient physical/psychological responses to nursing intervention and progress toward problem resolution.
• Documents patient status upon transfer or discharge.
• Practices according to client facility safety and infection control policy, procedures and protocols.
• Initiates and follows established standards in emergency situations.
• Maintains confidentiality in matters relating to patient, family and staff.
• Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
• Participates in a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
• Remains competent and current in nursing practice and engage in educational activities.
• Other ICU/CCU Registered Nurse (RN) duties as assigned.
• Shows evidence of having graduated from an accredited school of nursing with a current, legal Registered Nurse (RN) License in good standing in state of practice.
• Shows evidence of one year recent Registered Nurse (RN) experience in ICU, CCU, PICU, NICU or emergency medicine.
• Achieves 80% or greater on competency test(s).
• Prefers evidence of ACLS, BLS, PALS, NRP certification.
• Shows evidence of CEU requirements for the state of practice.
• Demonstrates clinical competence specific to intensive care, the ability to work in a team environment, assume a leadership role in a crisis situation and the ability to work with patient growth and development needs across the specific unit to assignments.
• Demonstrates a full range of body motion in a regular performance of duties on a daily basis.
• Must be able to work with frequent interruptions.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our caregivers are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer them the following benefits:
• Competitive Pay & weekly paychecks
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
• 401(k) savings plan
• Continuous professional and clinical training
• Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is a leading provider of home healthcare, healthcare staffing, behavioral care, and population health and wellness services across the United States. We are committed to improving patient care and staffing world-class professionals. As a recognized provider of a comprehensive suite of healthcare services, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers and patients for nearly 30 years.
Maxim Healthcare Services makes all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, retirement, compensation, benefits, transfer, corrective action, or any other decisions affecting the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local government entities. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, “disabled Veterans”, or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Maxim values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.
Maxim Healthcare Services is America's premier source for home health care and medical staffing related employment. Our company has over a decade of staffing expertise, with branch locations nationwide. With Maxim, you'll choose from preferred assignments and positions in some of the nation's most prestigious medical entities. We have rewarding contract, temp-to-perm, permanent and travel assignments available nationwide. Come join the Maxim team and enjoy competitive benefits and compensation, as well as work with a friendly team of advisors that have your best interest at heart.
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test