Senior Network Administrator Job
( Learn More )
Senior Network Administrator (Job Number:431838)
SAIC is currently seeking a Senior Network Administrator in support of its customer, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) located in Vicksburg, Mississippi. The selected Network Engineer would work on a team in support of the High Performance Computing Modernization Program. This position will hold an active Top Secret security clearance, and upgrade an existing Secret w/ SSBI to Top Secret.
- Responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and installation of network infrastructure and promotes consistency in processes and documentation by maintaining network diagrams, documentation and labeling of network components and cabling.
- Participates, as directed by the capability team lead, in root cause analysis and management escalation activities.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Experience working with the following technologies:
- Brocade core and edge switches
- Juniper Firewalls
- Arista Switch for the Center Wide File System
- Running both copper and fiber cables to connect HPC systems, and infrastructure servers
- General knowledge working with CISCO networking technologies
- Candidates must have an Active Secret clearance with completed Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or active Top Secret clearance.
- Candidates must meet DoD8570 certification requirements for the position
- Security+ and network certification (e.g. Network+)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 27, 2017, 6:29:08 PM
Primary Location: United States-MS-VICKSBURG
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test