Business Process Analyst
Duration: Feb- October 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA or Ewing, NJ
Our client is seeking a motivated team member to lead Corporate Services systems implementation and enhancement projects. The scope of this position requires a good understanding of and aptitude to learn key business processes in various areas such as Safety, Quality, Environmental, Legal, Facilities, Engineering, and R&D. However, the individual may work with other business areas and participate on other IT project teams, as assigned. The candidate will learn existing and new technologies with the expectation to recommend, configure and deliver solutions to meet business needs. With limited supervision, the candidate will work with business users to define requirements through research and fact-finding and will develop or modify most complex designs; ensuring changes do not impact existing system functionality. The individual will provide support and enhancements to existing functionality within the environment as well as design and implementation of new functionality. This position will include, but is not limited to, interacting with end-users and IT co-workers to understand business issues & requirements, prototype ideas/solutions, develop functional & technical specifications, specify data transformations, perform system configuration as well as document and conduct training for both technical and end-user audiences. The candidate will also be responsible for managing, documenting and performing all aspects of their projects and tasks including budget, time-line, requirements, specifications, configuration, testing, implementation and post go-live support. Additionally, this position is expected to clearly and appropriately communicate to various audiences throughout the organization including executive management, directors, managers, peers, and end-users using various methods such as in-person meetings, conference calls, e-mail, instant messaging, documents, and presentations.
• Accountable for systems process analysis, design and simulation at the most complex level. Focused on solution delivery, process improvement, quality improvement and re-engineering opportunities.
• Functions as a project manager or leads various-sized (small, medium, large) cross-functional projects. Responsible for the entire lifecycle of a project. Manages project team resources to successfully meet the project objectives in terms of functionality, time, and cost.
• Work with and manage consultants and vendors to ensure successful implementation or resolution of issues.
• Provides expert advice and counsel to user management and IT project teams for systems and processes.
• Follows standard project methodology. Works on approved, prioritized projects and enhancements, following FMC’s existing change management and project management procedures. Informs manager through periodic status reports detailing the progress of all on-going projects. Responsible for completing assignments in an accurate, timely and prioritized manner. Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks, and schedules work accordingly.
• Responsible for driving / coordinating the collection and negotiation of business requirements amongst multiple stakeholders. Will identify and evaluate solutions that meet these needs.
• Identify potential issues delivering on business requirements, bringing those issues to the attention of the functional team leader and/or project sponsor while driving to resolution to obtain business results.
• Identifies current- and future-state business processes.
• Coordinates the work for and motivates other resources to meet project objectives
• Performs configuration and develops specifications required to meet the project objectives.
• Creating, analyzing, and validating detailed functional specifications.
• Considers impact of project to security of assets as well as impact to Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
• Facilitating design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
• Coordinates and participates with finalizing contracts, agreements, statements of work, cost negotiations, etc. with appropriate business, Procurement, and Law department stakeholders.
• Delivering elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
• Ensures results obtained satisfy client requirements and that the new business processes operate effectively and efficiently in the integrated system environment. Obtains written approval from client that change is completed to their satisfaction.
• BS Degree, preferably in a technical discipline or the relevant functional discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics). In lieu of a degree, equivalent years of business experience will be considered.
• 10+ years of working experience; 5 years must be in a technical (IT) position.
• Understanding and demonstrated success in project management skills, methodology and practices.
• Experience implementing systems or business processes in the Quality, Safety, Environmental, and/or R&D space in the chemical industry.
• Experience working with SaaS providers and implementing SaaS solutions.
• Good knowledge of business software, e.g. Microsoft technologies including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Candidate should possess a solid understanding of front-end development technologies (e.g., XHTML, CSS, JS) and have experience with middle-tier and back-end development platforms (e.g., Web Services, C#, SQL). Although development knowledge is desirable, development will not be a focus of this role.
• Knowledge of at least one SAP module, especially SAP EH&S or QM, is desirable.
• Familiar with multiple business processes, e.g. Quality Management, Safety, Environmental, R&D.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills to communicate with non-technical clients, IT professionals, and management.
• Ability to review a complex problem and present manager with summary of options to be considered.
• Strong presentation skills and comfortable in presenting before peers and clients.
• Open minded, desire to learn, quick thinker.
• Ability to work independently & escalate issues in a timely fashion.
• Drive for Results/Action Oriented
• Organizing/Planning/Priority Setting/Time Management
• Understanding Others/Interpersonal Savvy
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Problem Solving
• Customer Focus
• Decision Quality
• Functional/Technical Skills