Basic Summary of Position:
Individual is responsible for maintaining and strengthening sports medicine affiliation relationships. Requirements include providing onsite athletic training services at affiliation practices, assigned games, and scrimmages. Strong communication skills are required to manage the triage of athletes to physicians, physical therapy and any other related program. Overall commitment to affiliation will include hands-on care as well as utilizing written and verbal communication as a tool to integrate the sports medicine program as a function of the company.
The individual will work primarily with the athletic training staff and the school district sports directors and administrative staff. Internal relationships will be primarily within the sports medicine department and corporate support department.
The employee is a certified trainer; and thus is responsible as a licensed clinician. The employee is subject to compliance guidelines. The person oversees the relationships and the trainers which are revenue producing for the company and thus must nurture these relationships.
Athletic trainers are subject to licensure guidelines by the national association of athletic trainers. School districts also provide oversight of trainers, as trainers are onsite with students.
1. Provide direct care of athletic injuries during practices, assigned games and scrimmages.
2. Refer needed treatments to appropriate facilities.
3. Arrange and contact patients/Physicians for fitting of specialized protective athletic equipment as needed.
4. Communicate with coaches, parents, Athletic Director and other health care professionals regarding status of injured athletes and expected date of return to competition after completion of rehabilitation
5. Document all reported injuries in appropriate records.
6. Supervise and train Student Athletic Trainers/Work Study Students assigned to training room.
7. Maintain current knowledge of Athletic Trainer roles and continuing trends in the industry
8. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees.
9. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive
work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
10. Ability to comply with ATI standards of operations.
11. Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company.
1. Perform clinical Athletic Trainer functions as needed
2. Attend continuing educational courses to obtain advanced clinical skills.
3. Maintain cleanliness of clinic and treatment areas
4. Assist in answering phones and providing intake forms to new patients
5. Perform other duties as assigned by management
No direct reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Successful completion of four academic years of pre-professional and professional study in a specialized curriculum accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, certified by the Board of Certification of the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification
Current License or Certification:
• Appropriate state licensure, certification or registration (per state requirements),current, and in good standing
• Certified by the Board of Certification of the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification
Skills and Abilities:
• Action Oriented;
• Building Effective Teams;
• Business Acumen
• Career Ambition;
• Comfort around Higher Management;
• Command Skills;
• Conflict Management;
• Customer Service Skills;
• Dealing with Ambiguity;
• Drive for Results;
• Microsoft Office;
• Organize and manage multiple priorities;
• Interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills;
• Presentation skills;
• Problem solving;
• Team player;
• Time management;
• Timely decision making; and
• Commitment to company values.
Travel Required: Frequent – to travel to school affiliates and clinics
Hours Required: As needed to complete the job responsibilities