The Turquoise Ridge property is located in the Potosi Mining District, about 43 miles northeast of Winnemucca, Nevada. Barrick is the operator and 75% owner of the mine with Newmont owning the remaining 25%.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: The Underground Operations Supervisor will ensure that service crews align with and continuously improve site environmental, health, safety, and loss control systems; promote a culture of fair relationships with production, development, support, and maintenance crews; achieve production goals within cost budgets in conjunction with support, maintenance, and technical services; ensure that training and continuous improvement are integrated into service processes; perform other duties as assigned
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
• Minimum of five (5) years underground mining experience with progressively increasing responsibilities preferred
• Three (3) years experience in a supervisory or lead role required
• Sound understanding and proven track record with underground safety and environmental issues required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Excellent safety and attendance record required
• Demonstrated capacity to execute and hold self and others accountable for results required
What we can Offer You
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and benefits, and stock where applicable.
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to transform traditional mining business into Digital Mining Business.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
• Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations.
Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.