Thundermist Health Center
( Learn More )
Title: Registered Nurse Reports To: Nurse Manager
Provides clinical and technical support for Health Care Providers (i.e. immunizations, injections of antibiotics). Provides high quality clinical and customer service response by promptly prioritizing triage calls. Uses previously established practice guidelines to offer advice and health information. Coordinates sick visits/add-ons as needed. Acts as a resource person for medical assistants and other team members. Coordinates prescription refills. Reviews and categorizes diagnostic tests and provides follow up as needed.
• Current State of Rhode Island Registered Nurse license
• Three or more years nursing experience preferred
• Ambulatory Health Care experience preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with patients, providers, other members of the health care team, other disciplines and community agencies.
• Professionalism, self starter, leadership skills, triage skills, documentation skills, and teaching skills
• CPR certification required
• Successful completion of competency (oral and written) for CLIA waived test
Moderate physical activity, walking, standing, stooping, and occasional lifting. Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens, infectious diseases i.e. respiratory (Tuberculosis),and biohazardous materials. Manual dexterity for injections, computer use.
Work Schedule Demands:
As scheduled during hours of operation (inclusive of week-end and evening hours as assigned) with occasional unscheduled overtime.
Interpreting medical terminology. Uses all available methods of communication with patients such as interpreting, counseling, group discussion, written materials and visual aids.
Has sensitivity to the patient population we serve, by identifying cultural, social and economic characteristics.
Able to document clearly, competently and concisely in the medical record.
Able to assist with clinical audits; databases as assigned.
Ability to work as a team member for performance improvement initiatives
Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and communicate in a professional manner with patients, families other staff and outside contacts
Confidentiality of Information:
Full access to the patient’s medical record. Maintains confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA at all levels of patient interaction.
Significant Job Functions:
• Triages client phone calls evaluating client’s needs/ health care needs
• Provides health care education and information for client self care needs
• Coordinates and assesses clients health care/ illness needs; scheduling appointment with providers as necessary
• Calls in or faxes prescriptions as needed
• Maintains standard precautions at all times
• Assesses patients for potential communicable diseases and utilizes infection control precautions. ( I.E. isolation of patient with TB or Chicken Pox)
• Accurately obtains weights and measures, (vital signs, BMI and pain assessment)
• Reviews incoming laboratory reports and follows policy and procedures for lab work
• Assigns appropriate templates to Progress Notes
• Administers vaccines and other injections, as ordered by a provider and in accordance with agency procedures.
• Performs treatments ordered by providers such as dressing changes, respiratory treatments, etc.
• Able to complete a nursing assessment as needed.
• Accurately performs measurements and clinical testing procedures according to policies and procedures.
• Assists providers with exams and surgical procedures as needed.
• Acts as a resource person for medical assistants regarding client preparation, needs and procedures needed.
• Provides support and guidance for clinical and clerical support staff regarding client health care needs.
• Provides HIV and family planning counseling based on the needs of the patient population served and accurately completes required paper work.
• Notifies patients of tests results under the guidance and knowledge of providers.
• Schedules tests and referrals for specialty care.
• Develops, implements and evaluates a nursing care plan, based on the needs of the patient and family
• Assumes responsibility for professional continuing education
• Maintains OSHA and HIPPA guidelines
• Adheres to organizational policies and procedures
• Maintains line of communication with supervisor, providers and other staff members
• Actively participates in performance improvement activities
• When appropriate, completes patient summary before transfer of care
• Receives and verifies verbal orders from providers, assuring accuracy of the order
Significant Job Functions: Lead RN
• Coordinates trainings for registered nurses
• Schedules coverage for RNs or MAs as directed by the nurse leadership
• Monitors nurse workloads and delegates tasks and coverage as necessary
• Serves as resource for patient complaints; resolves or redirects complaints as needed
• Serves as an advocate for staff and patients
• Leads weekly RN meetings in conjunction with other nurse leaders
• Coordinates schedule to accommodate call-outs
• Supervises onboarding of new RNs
• Responsible for adequate inventory for assigned areas, including equipment, medications and supplies
• Participate as needed in Environment of Care (EOC) monthly rounding
Thundermist is dedicated to the goal of building and maintaining a culturally diverse workforce, committed to caring for patients in a manner that is respectful of cultural difference. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test