* Has knowledge and skills related to the developmental stages of adults and the special needs of the geriatric population.
* Utilizes cultural, spiritual, and social groups and their relationship to the deliverance and acceptance of healthcare.
* Accurately assesses psychosocial aspects of patients and/or significant others in regard to personal, social, emotional, spiritual, and chemical dependency history utilizing the knowledge and skills related to the developmental stages of adults and the special needs of the geriatric population.
* Develops Interdisciplinary Treatment Plan and Treatment Plan Update in conjunction with other members of the treatment team, based on the assessed needs of the patient.
* Records Psychosocial Assessment, Interdisciplinary Treatment Plan, and Treatment Plan Updates in the Medical Record within the designated time frame.
* Demonstrates knowledge of psychiatric terms used to evaluate mental status and describe abnormal findings.
* Conducts group, individual, family, and/or marital counseling sessions assigned and documents sessions in the medical record in a timely manner.
* Participates in treatment team meetings and makes recommendations regarding treatment issues and discharge planning.
* Provides documentation indicating progress, or lack of progress, related to the goals of the Interdisciplinary Treatment Plan.
* Assists the patient with discharge planning and makes appropriate recommendations to the treatment team.
* Assists in the preparation of the continuing care plan in coordination with other members of the treatment team.
* Provides educational services for patients and significant others based on age-appropriate needs.
* Maintains ongoing contact with referring individuals and/or agencies. Contacts referring individual/agency, throughout the course of treatment, and prior to discharge, outlining treatment progress and recommendations.
* Maintains current training in C.P.I.
* Maintains knowledge of new and developing trends in behavioral healthcare.
* Attends at least 50% of staff meetings.