Process Engineer - Press
Gestamp North America
( Learn More )
The primary function of this position will be to research, plan, coordinate design, and monitor mechanical, electromechanical, hydraulic equipment in support of meeting production goals. Work across the organization to foster continuous improvement for long-term success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Understand and comply with all OSHA, safety and PPE requirements
2. Health & Safety of self and colleagues, including outside contractors or support personnel.
3. Maintenance support during on-line troubleshooting and implementation of corrective actions including interface with controls, robots, and PLC systems.
4. Setup and programming new jobs.
5. Create, document, develop and deliver procedures to ensure the equipment meets all targets relating to Quality, Cost and Delivery.
6. Improve overall processes and related issues by taking a pro-active lead in the Continuous Improvement Activities.
7. Maintain current knowledge of industry technology and advances.
8. Other duties will include the design, installation and de-bug of machinery and capital equipment.
9. Support the Program Management group in evaluation of new work and processes.
10. Support the Quality group in evaluation and improvement of product dimensional reports
11. Support team functions by:
o Kaizen submittal and implementation
o Cross-training with others
o Backfills other work stations as needed
o Problem solving
o Supports operational metrics and meets operational needs
12. Participation in the Layered Process Audit schedule
13. Participation in the Internal ISO/TS 16949 Audit schedule (applies only to certified ISO/TS 16949 internal auditors)
14. Participation and cooperation in answering questions and providing information for internal and external audits regarding or related to ISO/TS 16949, VDA 6.3, and customer standards.
15. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's Degree in Electronic / Mechanical Engineering / Technical degree or equivalent.
2. -or- 5+ years' experience and training in a similar role and environment.
3. Can demonstrate work experience, ideally within a manufacturing environment. Automotive industry experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Strong people skills with a willingness to empower the team
2. Excellent verbal and written skills
3. Effectively able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
4. Ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic prints.
5. Proficient in AutoCAD
6. Proficiency in PLC's (A-B Control Logix & Panelview HMI's) a plus;
7. Working knowledge of MS Office.
8. Clear understanding of Lean Principals & Tools.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
1. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
3. Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
4. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
5. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
6. The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
7. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand
8. The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test