Penda Aiken, Inc.
( Learn More )
At least 5 year(s)
A New York State agency seeks a Human Resources (HR) Manager, who, reporting to the Chief of Staff, will manage and handle all aspects of performance management and improvement systems; coordination with Legal and Finance units to manage contracts with temporary staffing agencies; organization development; employee on-boarding and off-boarding, development, needs, and training; and employee relations. The HR Manager is expected to lead and implement HR projects and work collaboratively with other divisions toward improved business results and high levels of employee engagement.
▪ Manage approximately nine staffing agency contracts;
▪ Ensure compliance with contract provisions;
▪ Facilitate regular reporting to agency, and promptly resolve issues affecting agency staff;
▪ Educate all levels of staff on performance management and coach them through employee relations situation;
▪ Develop and implement training program for 200 staff at various locations (NYC, Albany, Long Island). ▪ Provide talent management expertise and implement workforce planning practices for the organization;
▪ Develop and maintain policies and procedures in line with current employment law.
▪ Ensure line managers and staff are up to date with changes to any policies;
▪ Streamline organizational processes related to staffing, employee relations and performance management, where possible;
▪ Develop metrics to evaluate effectiveness of HR programs within areas of responsibility, track and report performance;
▪ Occasional travel required.
▪ A minimum of seven years of experience working in human resources, with at least two years of managerial experience;
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field required, advanced degree and consulting background preferred;
▪ Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills required;
▪ Ability to develop relationships and effectively convey information at all levels within the organization is required;
▪ Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
▪ Ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
▪ Detail oriented and exceptional analytical skills;
▪ High proficiency in problem resolution skills, customer service and consultative skills required.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test