Senior Commercial P&C Underwriter
The Chubb Corporation
( Learn More )
Up to 25%
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Senior Commercial P&C Underwriter
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and outgoing business professional to join the organization in a Senior Underwriting position. This individual will be responsible for new business production and renewal of the various Commercial Insurance P&C segments including package, auto, WC, umbrella and international commercial lines of business.This exciting and fast-paced opportunity will allow the individual to improve their underwriting skills, expand their industry knowledge and further develop their marketing abilities while working on a diverse risk portfolio.
Key objectives include understanding and managing risks, contributing proportionately to production goals, meeting or exceeding business unit service standards, building or improving trading partner relationships, demonstrating sound underwriting discipline and displaying a “can do” attitude.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Solicit new business opportunities from assigned brokers
• Execute on key individual and business unit performance goals
• Foster account expansion through cross-selling and up-selling initiatives
• Create, maintain and improve broker relationships through excellent customer service
• Reply to all inquiries within a 24 hour period
• Ownership and management of production within assigned underwriting territory(ies)
• Utilize “Underwriter Best Practices” as a guide to prioritize business unit objectives and execute on underwriting fundamentals
• Promote visibility of International Advantage through marketing efforts, industry events and networking opportunities
• 5-10 years underwriting experience
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Finance, or Risk Management or equivalent experience
• Insurance industry designation, such as CPCU or ARM
• Comprehensive understanding of insurance industry including in-depth knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures, preferably with a focus on international risks
• Strong negotiation, marketing and problem-solving skills
• Highly capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking
• Outstanding oral, presentation, and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Travel Percentage: 5% - 10%
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test