RN, Care Team Leader-Home Health KS
John Knox Village
( Learn More )
2 Year Degree
The Registered Nurse Care Team Leader provides professional nursing services in accordance with physicians’ orders or plan of care. The RN, CTL is responsible for determining the nursing problems for an assigned group of patients/residents, making plans to solve them, initiating the plan or assigning others to implement it, and evaluating the extent to which the plan was effective in resolving the problems identified. Assigns and supervises team members in care delivery, assuring quality. Supportive of the Village mission, values and service/hospitality (PRIDE) expectations. Completes training hours as required by policy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Effectively and timely provides for the comfort and well-being of patients by assessing conditions, processing physicians’ orders, providing treatments and administering prescribed drugs.
• Timely and effectively coordinates nursing care for patients and educates the patients/residents and family about the care, treatment program, charges, and insurances program.
• Timely delegates appropriate aspects of nursing care to staff which includes evaluating, monitoring and assuring delivery of care.
• Accurately and timely documents patients/residents progress toward goals and other observations.
• Reports patients/residents changes, needs and/or requirements to the appropriate staff.
• Requires significant drive time in personal vehicle.
• Evaluates patient's response to treatment. Comprehensive patient assessment to include physical and functional status, home environment, and social support systems.
• Applies knowledge regarding Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
• Assures that proper documentation of care and evaluation of treatment is maintained in patient records in accordance with Agency, local, state and Federal regulations.
• Assures maintenance of medical records Supervises assigned care team providing care to patients on team.
• Attends and provides input at committee meetings and other scheduled meetings as appropriate.
• Acts as role model and educator for students in health services areas of study.
• Maintains competency in nursing practice by attending appropriate educational sessions at a minimum of 15 hours per year.
• Abides by Agency policies and procedures and interprets them to personnel, clients, physicians and public.
• Participates in performance improvement activities. Initiates and monitors service delivery.
• Initiates and participates in case conferences as pertains to patient goals and care to be delivered.
• Gives information and teaches patient, families, and staff in treatment of patient and maintenance of healthful environment. Provides community education.
• Applies independent emergency measures to counteract adverse developments and notifies physicians of patient’s condition.
• Coordinates Hospice Care with community agencies furnishing assistance to patients. Demonstrates broad knowledge of community resources and utilizes them appropriately.
• Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements.
• Handles stress well and gets along with others within the workplace and with customers outside the department.
• Maintains acceptable standards of workplace conduct.
The responsibilities described above represent the primary responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs. The incumbent is expected to perform all assigned responsibilities.
Requirements ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
• This job requires a combination of education, training and experience that is acquired through the completion of an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred
• Must be a Registered Nurse by both Missouri and Kansas State Board of Nursing.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or ability to obtain prior to direct patient contact.
• Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
Knowledge and Skills (required unless otherwise noted):
• Basic level knowledge of Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities at the same time.
• If working in Home Health and Village House, must be able to work autonomously.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Post-Offer Background Check and Drug Screen Required
Questions can be directed to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test