Title: Regional Relationship Liaison
• Works directly with Regional Relationship team and their assigned Commercial Customers, the Regional Relationship Liaison is responsible for performing all follow-up and backup work required to support the Relationship Managers.
• This position serves as the first line of defense, adhering to the necessary controls, to mitigate unnecessary exposure to risk.
• Provide customer support by servicing the needs of existing and prospective customers, ensuring efficient delivery of superior customer service.
• Assist with the administration of Commercial products and services and with the resolution of operational problems.
• Partner with the Commercial Relationship Management team, the Internal Relationship Support team, the Relationship Data Administrator team, and Commercial Service team to ensure the overall customer experience is positive.
• Act as the liaison between the customer and the Relationship Manager, responding to questions and resolving problems by coordinating with internal partners.
• Coordinate the loan closing process to ensure that all necessary documentation is efficiently and accurately prepared and collected, adhering to the guidelines governing Conditions of Approval. May accompany Relationship Manager to the loan settlement.
• Complete loan fee workbook as required to ensure that all associated loan fees are collected and processed in a timely manner.
• Following loan closing, ensure that loan documentation is submitted according to procedures and is accurately reflected on the bank-wide systems.
• Work in conjunction with the Relationship Data Administrator team to maintain the regional closing calendar.
• Escalate problem situations to Commercial Support Team Supervisor. Report customer complaints to the Office of Customer Advocacy when appropriate.
• Maintain commercial customer records, both paper and electronic versions, including but not limited to maintenance of up-to-date information/knowledge regarding accounts, products/services, financial relationships, previous problems, etc.
• Assist the KYC Officer and Relationship Manager with the BSA/AML/KYC process, adhering to deadlines.
• Assist commercial customers with deposit and loan servicing needs. Process requests for research, corrections, loan payments, loan advances, collateral releases, wire transfers and credit inquiries.
• Monitor bank reports for discrepancies and take appropriate action based on the nature of the issue. Seek guidance from Commercial Support Team Supervisor when appropriate.
• Coordinate the clearance of delinquent documents and other exceptions with appropriate areas.
• Review and approve overdrafts up to established limit. Research and resolve overdrafts with customer, seeking overdraft approval from bank employees with the appropriate level of lending authority when necessary.
• Some reports being monitored include: portfolio delinquencies, past dues, exception pricing, overdrafts, KYC, STOC, account servicing, and other reports when necessary.
• Attend regularly scheduled departmental training calls to maintain current knowledge of Commercial Products and refer potential sales to Commercial Sales Team.
• Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
• Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
• Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
• Complete other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Associate’s degree plus a minimum of 1 year customer service experience in banking, operations, retail or credit, or in lieu of a degree, a combined 3 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 3 years’ customer service experience in banking, operations, retail or credit.
• Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and email software.
• Excellent internal and external customer service skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to work cooperatively with internal business partners.
• Ability to travel for training, back-up and special projects.
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
• Experience with Team Collaboration software.
• Commercial service experience.
• Knowledge of bank policies, procedures, and banking regulations.