Connected Home Health & Hospice is seeking an experienced Hospice RN Case Manager to join our growing Interdisciplinary Hospice Team! The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years of hospice experience. Understanding of Medicare Hospice Benefit, as well as State and Federal regulations is preferred. To learn more about Connected Home Health & Hospice, please visit our website at www.connectedhh.com
To provide nursing care to the terminally ill Hospice patient as needed. To provide assistance and understanding to the family in the home care situation and in time of bereavement. To work as a member of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team in providing Hospice care.
Essential Functions:1. Regularly assesses and reassesses the nursing needs of the Hospice patient.
2. Provides dietary counseling.
3. Provides Hospice nursing services, treatments and preventive procedures.
4. Initiates nursing procedures appropriate for the patient’s Hospice care and safety.
5. Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and IDG members any unexpected changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition.
6. Teaches, supervises and counsels the Hospice patient and family members about providing care for the patient.
7. Supervises and trains other nursing service personnel.
8. Develops and re-evaluates the patient/family care plan in conjunction with IDG to meet needs and maintain continuity of care.
9. Performs specific nursing procedures as needed (e.g., treatments, management of symptoms) following doctor’s orders.
10. Attends team conferences.
11. Maintains records as required by Hospice.
12. Follows the policies and procedures of Hospice. Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient-related information in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
13. Always communicates to the supervisor if unable to meet a patient’s need or perform a procedure.
14. Participates in on-call system and is responsible for providing on-call coverage when unavailable for assigned duties.
15. Maintain skills and knowledge
16. Works with interdisciplinary group concept of patient care.
17. Coordinates the implementation of the plan of care for patients residing in SNF, NF, ICF or MR.
18. Organizes work schedule and utilizes time management to be able to attend all required meetings.
19. Complies with agency infection control policies and protocols.
20. Assist with orientation, teaching and training as requested.
21. Other duties as assigned by Director of Professional Services.
Connected Home Health and Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening required.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Back to Jobs