North Atlantic Consumer Products – Family Care / Chester, PA at Kimberly-Clark
Organization Description: For more than a century people around the world have chosen Kimberly-Clark family care brands for value and performance. Our products include Kleenex, Cottonelle, Scott, and Viva.
Entry Level Process Engineer
Requisition No. 768705
Process Engineers at Kimberly-Clark initiate design, develop optimize and problem solve converting processes in a manner that meets safety, quality, and operational performance expectations. The Process Engineer for this role will provide leadership and creativity in design, development, optimization and problem solving of tissue products. Candidates must have expertise across multiple technologies, data analysis skills, and LEAN Thinking for problem solving. The incumbent reports to an Operations Team leader and receives direction in the form of general operations objectives.
Key customers include: Plant and Staff Engineering, Project Teams, and Contracted Technical Service Providers.
• Lead single or multiple product or process optimization and improvement initiatives.
• Provide functional leadership and creativity in the initiation of design, development, and optimization of tissue converting and manufacturing equipment and processes to meet unit objectives.
• Develop knowledge and skills in leadership of the application of engineering principles, scientific analysis, project management, and LEAN Thinking.
• Carry out all job responsibilities in a safe manner. Develop equipment and processes that meet safety codes, policies and guidelines. Provide for the safety and well-being of operators, maintenance, and other personnel.
• Identify complex technical issues and provide necessary solutions and/or recommendations to eliminate root cause.
• Assist in the development of others within the area of expertise.
• Work with project teams to minimize impact on operations.
• Requires a Bachelors or advanced degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
• Industrial Engineers considered. Chemical Engineers preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team to complete projects within required timeframes.
• Experience and/or technical knowledge in tissue manufacturing or high speed converting
• 2+ years of experience in an engineering role, which may include co-op or internship experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment or in a manufacturing support role
• Experience working with external technical service providers.
• Exposure to manufacturing analysis tools such as: SPC (statistical process control): design of experiments, process capability studies: Six Sigma, Lean and others.
• Chemical/Paper or Converting process specific Engineering degree.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization.