Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Works under the direction of a department Supervisor or Lead Person and within guidelines of proper assembling techniques, quality, production requirements, safety procedures and housekeeping. Shall work by team effort, as each job is dependent on the other in the line flow. Shall visually inspect assembly components for defects prior to assembly. The operators assemble Pivot Panels (build and wire), valves, and assemble Kits, The employee needs to be able to perform some troubleshooting, Safely use a jib crane, perform a continuity test, read and understand torque requirements and color-coded wire specification according to prints. The Electrical Assembler needs to be able to find and view electronic drawings. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere and alone. Shall have a high standard of quality and efficiency. Shall be capable of performing duties such as writing reject tags, move tags, shortages and other paperwork.
Basic Qualifications (Required): To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience reading and interpreting blueprints or process sheets in a professional environment
• Experience using hand tools in a professional environment
• The ability to read and write in English
• Experience in making mathematical calculations in preparing product or setting up machinery
• A strong working knowledge of using a tape measure
• The physical ability to constantly grasp and grip objects
• The ability to safely lift up to 29 pounds frequently throughout the shift
• The ability to distinguish colors
• The ability to work over ten hours a week in overtime when required for business needs
• A working knowledge of using e-mail
• Acceptable prior attendance, safety and performance history
Additional Qualifications (Required):
• The ability to pay attention and follow work instructions
• The ability to work as a team player
• Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Preferred Qualifications (Optional):
• Related experience and/or training
• Prior wiring or electrical experience
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].