Company IntroductionThis position is for Autosystems America, a division of Magna Closures & Mirrors.
Magna Closures & Mirrors, an operating unit of Magna International, is a world leading supplier that offers innovative closure systems and modules, as well as a variety of exterior and interior mirror systems, to the global automotive industry. Our focus is on developing technically sophisticated and economically viable products in order to satisfy our customers at any time.
Autosystems America is a manufacturer of automotive exterior lighting products which includes headlamps, tail lamps, fog lamps and tail markers.Major Responsibilities* Lead in developing tooling standards and verification that sourced tooling meets established standards to include tool follow-up for coating and metallizing.
* Participate in Equipment/Manufacturing Reviews with cross functional team.
* Assist in resolving supplier technical issues arising from deviation requests and produceability.
* Adherence to Preventative Maintenance Protocol.
* Maintain current line process documentation ( i.e. operator instructions).
* Meet your commitments-confront and elevate issues timely.
* Assist in dimensional verification of components and finished product.
* Ensure equipment effectiveness.
* Participate in corrective actions for Customer complaints.
* Drive adherence to Quality Documents.
* Other duties as assigned by the Manager.Knowledge and Education* Post secondary education in Industrial / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering where a Bachelor Degree would be an asset.
* Minimum of 3 - 5 years Engineering and Manufacturing experience in the Automotive and/or Automotive Supply Base sector focusing on Assembly Methods, Molding, Coating and Tooling.
* Experience in an Integrated Product Development Team environment. * Knowledge of Problem Solving methods (Red X, Six Sigma, 8D, etc.).Work Experience* Minimum of 3-5 years Engineering and Manufacturing experience in the Automotive and/or Automotive Supply Base sector required (focus on Assembly Methods, Molding, Coating and Tooling an asset).
* Experience in an Integrated Product Development Team environment required.Skills and Competencies* Highly motivated, self- directed, creative, innovative and people oriented person.
* Able to multi-task on several fronts to meet Business Plan objectives.
* Able to drive accountability down to team members through structured requirements, expectations and timelines.
* Thorough knowledge of the Program Delivery Process (Gate Milestones) and associated expectations.
* Good PC Application Skills.
* Demonstrates focus on meeting program commitments.
* Good project management, planning and scheduling skills.
* Understanding of Quote Capital Process and ROI.
* Review and analysis of data from Capability Studies.
* Print Tolerancing and GD&T.
* Aptitude for working with numbers with a high degree of accuracy.
* Understanding of internal data acquisition system - Trans4M, QSI, Pro8.Work EnvironmentPhysical Demands - Normal amount of sitting and standing; Ability to move around an office environment and on the production floor; Ability to work at a computer workstation; Ability to bend, twist, lift, reach. Required to carry out job duties and responsibilities in a work environment that may include, but is not limited to, varying levels of noise and/or temperature. Ability to lift max. 50lbs periodically.Special Skills* Verification of functional mistake proofing.
* Ensure we have a team approval for process modifications.
* Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Techniques and variable / flexible standards.
* Lead consolidation of lamps unto service cells and moving current assembly lines.
* Knowledge of Customer Specific requirements (TS16949 / ISO9000 / ISO 14001 / OHSMS) and industry Standards.
* Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets.
* Prepare and present Capital projects within scope of CI project.
* Effective tooling delivery of coating systems (Meets established targets, Safety and ergonomic standards, Established manufacturing standards, Incorporating lessons learned, Initial operation Instructions Sheets - SOS/JES and PM plans).
* A continuous improvement mentality and the ability to apply this personal capability and knowledge to the companies processes, products, and associates (mentoring).
* Excellent planning and organization skills.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to travel as needed basis.
* Identify and address safety and ergonomic issues, as identified.