Registered Nurse RN Geriatrics NIGHTS
HCA Management Services
( Learn More )
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The registered nurse holds shift accountability to provide direct patient care by utilization of the nursing process in accordance with the established policies and procedures of Garden Park Medical Center, maintains clinical competencies through continuing education, and delegates patient care priorities commensurate with the education and experience of available staff.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
2. Carries out physician orders.
3. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
4. Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
5. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
6. Instructs and educates patients and families.
7. Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
8. Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
9. Orients and mentors new staff members.
10. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
11. Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
EDUCATION – Graduate from an accredited professional nurse program.
EXPERIENCE – At least 6 months nursing experience strongly preferred
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE – Must possess a current Registered Nurse license from the State of Mississippi; current BCLS certification
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test