Quality Support Specialist
( Learn More )
4 Year Degree
At least 5 year(s)
Brookdale is looking for a Regional Quality Support Specialist to join our team!
Job #: QSS2orlFL40168
A career with Brookdale Healthcare Services has never been so rewarding! Brookdale Home Health is ranked among the Top Ten largest home heath companies in the country. Many of our agencies carry a five-star rating and are recognized by Decision Health as Home Care Elite agencies. We own and operate more than 80+ agencies nationwide, serving approximately 17,000 patients throughout our Brookdale Home Health Division.
Responsible for the support and implementation of BHS's Home Health Quality Program. Responsibilities include development, training and oversight of programs related to quality initiatives, outcome/process management and patient satisfaction. Ensures compliance with QAPI requirements. Participates in the development, training and implementation of medical coding processes and there updates. Monitors the overall compliance, while ensuring that the philosophy of healthcare continuum delivery is congruent with the mission of BHS and BSL. Direct responsibility for providing continual updates of OASIS documentation and communication of these standards to the Home Health team. Assists with the identification of training needs, based on reviews, audits and regulatory standards and the coordination of the training programs. Promotes commitment to corporate standards, codes of conduct and ensures compliance with local, federal and Medicare laws and requirements.
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
* Monitors clinical documentation to ensure compliance with the quality regulatory requirements and supports the efforts of performance improvement through review of quarterly meeting reports, quality improvement plans and initiatives. Provides feedback and recommendations as well as assists in training initiatives for the HH product line as a whole.
* In coordination with the DCS, provides recommendations and input promoting compliance with the HH Infection Control Program as well as compliance with Regulatory Standards.
* Analyzes reports and develops training strategies based on trends specific to the performance of home health outcome and process measures. Develops rolling Network plans with the DCS/HH Administrator, complete with recommendations and follow up to impact the stated trends.
* Works with Compliance, New Business, Denials and Survey Readiness teams to identify deficiencies and develop strategies for improving practice, documentation, and patient relationships.
* Collaborates with nursing/therapy teams towards the integration of clinical programs to ensure comprehensive documentation impacting the OASIS and patient satisfaction surveys.
* Engages home health leadership in identifying training needs impacting the quality of care rendered and documentation.
* Develops and provides training on general process measures within the HH office including workflow, as well as timely filing of completed documents.
* Participates in development and support of HH Agencies in operational systems as needed.
* Monitors current and changing regulations (CMS, FI and local guidelines/practice acts). Communicates and updates clinical leadership regarding new updates and rulings specific to patient satisfaction and publically reported quality measures. Upon request, develops and provides training to agency associates specific to CMS home health initiatives and requirements.
* Monitors and reports on identified trends related to the home health patient satisfaction scores. Develops customized tools and resources to support agency efforts. Ensures that best practice strategies are implemented and monitored for compliance.
Required skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor of Science or Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy/Physical Therapy/Nursing or a Master's Degree in Speech/Language Pathology from an accredited program, or similar healthcare related degree.
* Five years of experience in a home health setting preferred.
* Minimum two years of experience in a clinical review role.HCS-D or BCHH-C (Home Health Coding Certification) preferred.
* COS-C or HCS-O (OASIS Certification) preferred.
* Willingness to complete OASIS and Coding certification within 6 months of employment if experienced without credentials.
If you're a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test