Director of Global Sales
( Learn More )
4 Year Degree
Up to 50%
Job ID: 10067
General Job Description:
The Director of Global Sales is responsible for insuring Vision Research meets its world-wide sales target. A key initiative for the company is to build onto the existing channel of direct sales people and distributors as the company grows and enters new market segments. The Director of Global Sales will be the key driver of our channel evolution.
Our cameras range from $12K to $200K and many of our customers have 10+ cameras in their fleet purchased over multiple years. This environment encourages deep customer relationships and requires high degree of customer satisfaction. The channel, including the Director of Global Sales, needs to maintain and deepen these relationships. In addition to sales, the channel acts as the customer advocate to the factory when needed.
Vision Research is well positioned for growth with multiple new products coming to market which will open opportunities for new customers in our existing markets and require development of new channels to reach new market segments. Identifying and targeting new customers is a key task for the Director of Global Sales and their team.
As a member of the Leadership Team, the Director of Global Sales is expected to be a critical source of customer insight to be used in our strategic planning exercises and more tactical budget setting exercises. The Director of Global Sales will work closely with our manufacturing, marketing, support, R&D and finance leaders as the situation requires.
As the leader of the Global Sales team the Director of Global Sales will manage, mentor and coach their direct reports. They will insure that the direct and distributor sales channels get the guidance they need to be successful. They will also be responsible for developing sales forecasts for business and operations planning.
Direct reports for Director of Global sales includes three Regional Sales Managers (RSM’s) with an additional 20 team members comprising of field sales people, application engineers and admin support. The RSM’s also manage a network of 30+ distributors.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop and execute sales plans to win new targeted business including penetration of competitors’ accounts and achieve company revenue goals
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the sales function ensuring the strongest possible sales team with internal succession candidates for key roles
• Manage the sales team and cultivate a culture of success and goal accountability through setting sales objectives, evaluating performance and providing feedback
• Establish and maintain key customer relationships and assist in closing strategic opportunities
• Evaluate and develop channels for business in both new and existing markets
• Proactively manage customer expectations, increase customer loyalty and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
• Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasts monthly or as required
• Prepare and deliver effective presentations to audiences including Ametek’s Executive Officers
Skills and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree in engineering or other technical degree
• 10 years of experience in Sales Management in a technology-oriented organization, including 3 years of International Sales Management.
• Proven track record of hitting sales goals
• History of effectively developing new channels
• Demonstrable business development success
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Available for domestic and international travel up to 50%
• The default location for this position is Wayne, NJ (just outside New York City). For an exceptional candidate, other locations may be considered.
• Desired: experience with imaging products, particularly cameras
• Desired: experience with Salesforce.com
• Desired: experience with M&A activities
Please visit www.ametek.com and navigate to the career page for external candidates. The easiest way to find the job requisition is to use "Select Locations" and chose "US - New Jersey - Wayne" .
Wayne, NJ is located 20 miles Northwest of New York City, a great area!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test