Registered Nurse (RN) Outpatient Surgery Unit
HCA Management Services
( Learn More )
Registered Nurse (RN) Outpatient Surgery Unit
$5000relocation package offered to qualifying candidates
Fromits humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a majoracademic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders.Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining thepractice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, ourmission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the careand improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usuallythink about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment tothem. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of anorganization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. Thedegree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service ishighly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing youa Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect ourcommitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation andRewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane MedicalCenter (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
• A safe place towork.
• Having thetools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
• Open andavailable communication with your supervisors and the leadership of yourfacility.
• A fairapplication of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
• Fair andunderstandable compensation and benefits.
The Registered Nurse is a professional nurse who assumesresponsibility and accountability for the delivery and management of patientcare. S/he utilizes the nursing process,the healthcare environment, and current technology to provide a climate whichoptimizes patient care and staff development.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Assessespatient thoroughly and accurately; assesses patient, family, significant otherfor educational needs about disease process and treatment; identifiesappropriate methods of assessment related to age group; understands normalranges of physiological standards for age group.
2. Documentspatient assessment, medication administration, changes in patient’s condition,teaching, level of response and method(s) used within unit/department-specificguidelines.
3. Individualizesplan of care related to patient diagnosis/condition and age group. Participates in interdisciplinary/dischargeplanning, including any educational needs into plan of care.
4. Implementsplan of care, performs ongoing assessments and revises plan of care based onassessment and/or changes in patient condition; involves patient in treatmentplans and utilizes equipment required for treatment/procedures appropriate toage group; requests consults as needed; educates patient, family or significantother about disease process and treatment.
5. Evaluatesthe effects of any interventions and adjusts care accordingly; performssystematic and ongoing assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan ofcare; evaluates effectiveness of instruction/teaching with patient, family orsignificant other.
6. Demonstratesappropriate and effective delegation as governed by the LA State Board ofNursing and policies of TUHC.
7. Utilizestime during work hours to maintain safe, clean work environment, help otherswith patient care, participate in QC checks of equipment, minimum end of shiftovertime recorded, participates in PI monitoring; demonstrates prudent use ofsupplies/equipment.
8. Completesall mandatory, regulatory, hospital and unit-based requirements for position bydue date; attends 75% of scheduled staff meetings; participates in unit based,department based, or hospital based committees.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Minimum qualifications for theposition)
A. Licensure/Certification/Registration:Current Louisiana Licensure as a Registered Nurse, ACLS Certification requiredwithin 1 year of employment for assignment on Adult Critical Care Units,Emergency department and Post Anesthesia Care Unit. PALS Certification required within 1 year ofemployment for assignment in PICU or within 18 mos. of employment forunit-specific standard. Current CPRcertification.
B. Education: Graduate of an accredited school preparingRegistered Nurses.
C. Experience:One year in area of practice preferred by not required.
D. Specialqualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competenciesfor the position within designated probationary period. Effective communicationskills; both oral and written. Computerskills needed. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure qualitypatient care. Strong problem-solvingskills. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concretevariables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety ofinstructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
E. Hours ofwork: Shift assignments may vary.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test