LPN - Home health
John Knox Village
( Learn More )
2 Year Degree
The LPN performs direct resident/patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The incumbent performs nursing assessments, follows the plan of care in accordance with physician's plan of treatment; provides nursing services in accordance with current nursing practice; and evaluates resident’s/patient's response to treatment. Supportive of the Village’s mission, values, and service/hospitality (PRIDE) expectations. Completes training hours as required by policy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provides direct resident/patient care based on a specific plan and departmental services. This may include dispensing medication, checking vitals, changing wounds, personal care, etc.
• Timely and accurately reports resident/patient changes, needs and/or requirements to the Registered Nurse and/or other managing staff.
• Accurately and timely completes required documentation of nursing care to meet all state and Village requirements.
• May delegate appropriate tasks to care givers and follows up on assignments.
• May perform homemaking and other environmental services when necessary for services provided through the department.
• Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements.
• Handles stress well and gets along with others within the workplace and with customers outside the department.
• Maintains acceptable standards of workplace conduct.
The responsibilities described above represent the primary responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs. The incumbent is expected to perform all assigned responsibilities.
• This job requires a combination of education, training and experience that is acquired through the completion of an accredited School of Nursing.
• Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse by the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
• Valid driver’s license
Knowledge and Skills (required unless otherwise noted):
• Basic level knowledge of Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, handbooks and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write simple sentences, paragraphs and correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Post-Offer Background Check and Drug Screen Required
Questions can be directed to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test