If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. We’re a thriving public company with solid revenue growth and earnings and offices worldwide. And we’re continually looking for ways to augment our existing markets and expand into new markets with excellent growth potential. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
Verisk is seeking a seasoned technology leader to join as the AVP of Technolgy Architecture. Verisk has prioritized moving to the cloud as a key goal and this role will be the driver of the firm’s adoption of cloud technologies that support critical business solutions. The successful candidate will be a key member of the technology team. He/ She will collaborate with infrastructure and application teams to drive Cloud technology adoption, assess application and cloud readiness, drive & design cloud architecture, and provide direction and recommendations on cloud technologies. This is a critical role and the go-to person within Verisk for all cloud technologies.
Additional key responsibilities include:
Work collaboratively with Risk & Compliance, Business Units, and infrastructure technology departments to set the technology direction, vision, and strategy to enable Cloud technology adoption Lead efforts to define cloud future state architectures and roadmaps including architecture standards, guidelines, and industry best practices Assist infrastructure operations team in selecting cloud service providers Assess application readiness for cloud technology adoption Assume a leadership role in ensuring that new and existing systems are aligned to architectural guidelines Evaluate and select existing and emerging technologies that best fit business needs Develop and execute a communication plan for new standards, stated directions, and guidelines Manage stakeholder’s expectations Collaborate with enterprise architects in other architectural areas to ensure comprehensive and cohesive working solutions are developed across disciplines
Define and communicate:
* Economic and technical value proposition for cloud* Distinctions and tradeoffs among IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, private, hybrid, public cloud* Distinctions and tradeoffs among market leading cloud providers, orchestration platforms, SDN, and hypervisor solutions* Strategies and best practices for implementing resilient, scalable, enterprise-class solutions in cloud infrastructures
The successful candidate will be a proven technology leader with experience driving cloud innovation within a dynamic, global technology environment. Aligned with Verisk’s culture, this person will also need to be a hands-on leader with a record of successfully leading people, and aligning processes and technology in the pursuit of business outcomes. He/ She must have executive presence, strong influencing skills and the ability to communicate effectively “up, down and around” the organization.
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:Technical Acumen
* Experience architecting cloud infrastructures for medium to large-scale applications* Experience leading the organizational adoption of cloud infrastructure in a large enterprise* Depth of overall IT system architecture, design, development, deployment experience* Deep infrastructure architecture or management experience* Specific experience with medium-large scale cloud adoption , including application readiness assessment, organizational change, and integration into a Service Management framework* Deep technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network, Storage and midrange Compute* Infrastructure management experience with common distributed compute and storage technologies* Demonstrated knowledge of broad enterprise architecture concepts, disciplines, and capabilities
Business Acumen & Setting Strategy:
* Demonstrates business acumen and ability to articulate technical concepts to an executive/ management audience* Experience building and presenting data-backed recommendations and business cases* Demonstrates strategic foresight while employing hands-on technical skills on projects and work assignments* Brings depth of high analytical skills* Proven ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and ability to take direction from multiple areas
Executing for Results:
Track record of translating the vision for cloud, into actionable and quantifiable plans Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and work through ambiguities Establish and implement relevant and effective metrics, reporting and communication practices, to achieve business outcomes Proven record of delivering in a large scale, global, matrix organization. Capable of executing short term (tactical) and long term (strategic) plans Positive attitude under pressure and accustomed to working to deadlines
* Experienced growing teams and proven skills in developing others through coaching * Is a self-motivated/ directed leader who leads by example and is very hands-on when the problems require it* Superb leadership record having created a positive, highly energized performance climate with clear points of accountability.
Building Relationships and Using Influence:
* Excellent leadership skills with the ability to generate stakeholder buy-in and lead through influence at a senior management level* Strong communication skills and customer service/ partnering skills* Strong executive presence and interpersonal skills, and is able to interact with senior business executives across Verisk globally. * Strong relationship management skills with proven track record of delivering against projects involving multiple, distributed execution teams and user groups.
We are offering an excellent compensation package. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please click Submit Now to apply.