Warehouse Supervisor - Distribution Preparation
Company: Nebraska Furniture Mart
$1,491.38 - $1,849.30 /Year
For over 75 years, Nebraska Furniture Mart has been a leader in providing affordable home furnishings to the Midwest area. Our motto is to improve people's lifestyles with quality services and products, and we are positive that our employees are the drivers behind our success. Nebraska Furniture Mart employs staff members who are dedicated and passionate about their work.
A career with us includes great opportunities for growth and advancement, day and evening shifts, competitive pay, and fantastic benefits. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to become a part of our winning team. Duties for this position would include:
Summary: Supervises and coordinates activities of workers concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, displaying and/or shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts in the warehouse and/or sales floor by performing the following duties.
Monitors and directs movement of product in warehouse and/or sales floor:
• Provide direction to staff in performance of assigned responsibilities.
• Understand workload priorities and direct movement of all products to meet customer needs.
• Ensure product timelines are met while handling product in safe and secure manner. Observes material handling equipment operations ensuring safe practices are utilized.
• Hold staff accountable for established processes.
• Conduct, reconcile, and maintain reports facilitating inventory accuracy.
• Warehouses/handles product within budgetary constraints and ensure optimum return per dollar expended.
Lead, Mentor, Train, Coach, and Supervise Staff:
• Coach, train, and support staff. Provide regular feedback and recognition.
• Support company policies and discipline staff as needed (verbal and written counselings). Be a role model of the company vision and values.
• Document and conduct performance reviews thoroughly and timely. Hold staff accountable for fulfilling their key responsibilities and goals satisfactorily. Set performance objectives and develops staff skills. Develop improvement plans for poor performers, and terminate or transfer if unable to perform.
• Complete staff paperwork accurately and timely – job orders, class changes, terminations reports, work schedules, etc. Complete timekeeper functions and administer benefit pay accurately and timely.
• Establish clear lines of communication for staff.
• Develop written requirements on daily work processes and assignments. Assist in the development of training material.
• Train staff members in OSHA required programs. Ensure staff members have attended NFM specific training (i.e., Quality related classes, Service Plus, Back Education). Document all training and maintain accurate staff member files.
• Develop agendas, conduct monthly staff meetings, and take minutes.
• Supports Quality Improvement Process and is involved in chartered steering groups/committees.
• Recruit and hire qualified staff in cooperation with Human Resources. Make sure that new staff participate in NFM new hire orientation. Complete all steps of the new hire orientation checklist once the staff member is in the work area.
• Schedule staff to meet customer needs.
• Control expenses and meet goals. Control turnover.
• Cross train staff to ensure departmental coverage for major functions.
• Oversee the mission and critical measures of department.
• Respond to all communications (voicemail, e-mail, mail) at least once daily.
• Attend and actively participate in all scheduled training events and ensure that staff do as well. Apply the training concepts to the job after the training event. Apply the Attendance and Punctuality policy to scheduled training events just as it is applied to regular work schedules.
Perform duties of supervised staff:
• Performs duties of supervised staff to assist in meeting deadlines and/or to fill in when short staffed.
Safety, Security, and Equipment Stewardship:
• Ensures staff operating machines and/or equipment are educated on each machine/piece of equipment.
• Conducts reviews of staff members regarding qualifications and institutes remedial training deemed necessary.
• Ensures machines/equipment are properly utilized and immediately corrects inappropriate operating behaviors.
• Conducts and annotates daily safety inspections of equipment/operators and takes abatement action as necessary.
• Establish clear communications on daily inspection criteria.
• Maintains accurate records on each piece of equipment. Identifies, reports, and take positive steps to correct any safety/security deficiency affecting NFM staff.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 25-35 staff members in the Warehouse.
For benefits details, please see www.nfm.com/careers.
Applicable pre-employment testing required.
Education and/or Experience:
• Technical, trade, or business school certificate in Management, Business or related area.
• 1-2 yrs lead, supervisory or management experience
• 1-2 yrs warehouse experience
• Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
• PC skills including Word, Excel, Power Point and Access preferred
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test