Customer Service Representative
( Learn More )
4 Year Degree
SABIC has a tremendous opportunity in Houston, TX as a Customer Service Representative. This Customer Service Representative will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to all external and internal customers. Ideal candidate would ensure that customers receive best in class service through proactive calls, general correspondence with customers and collaboration with other departments. The successful candidate must be a self-starter and detailed oriented with strong customer service and problem solving skills, able to support and lead multiple projects through implementation and possess a demonstrated track record of achieving results and customer service excellence. In addition, the candidate must be able to operate in a highly-matrixed environment, communicate with all levels of the organization, influence and gain commitment, and continuously develop the talent around them. SABIC employees experience a unique working environment and the stability of an established industry leader combined with interesting opportunities to learn and grow. We take pride in offering a competitive salary and benefits package, reward & recognition, and personal / professional development that provide promotional opportunities. Once on board, we will provide you with the tools and the flexibility to create your own career path. We will also give you the training to continue improving upon your skills and knowledge. SABIC’s multiple business units give employees more avenues to broaden their skill set through working with different products, services and client groups. Some of the other career opportunities this position may lead to include, but not limited to:
• Supply Chain
• Customer Service Leadership
• Process Improvement
RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Build strong customer relationships, loyalty and retention through exceptional sales/service and the presentation, awareness and understanding of our active product portfolio
• Drive customer centricity and growth of existing account base through proactive customer service and customer satisfaction.
• Utilize analytical skills to drive process improvements and customer focus
• Place outbound calls to new and existing accounts identifying opportunities, decision maker(s) and related customer service needs
• Passionately drive process excellence visibility and awareness across supply chain.
• Balances cost and service in the best interest of both customer and company.
• Prospect for increased volume and generating new leads and helping close new business at new and existing customers
• Proactively review buying patterns of customers to understand demand spikes up or down and obtaining market intelligence that can be shared through the organization.
• Analyzing customer erosion data to allow us to maintain or secure new orders.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant, professional work experiences is required
• 2+ years in a business environment
• Ability to work in a dynamic, flexible environment where priorities are continually changing.
• Computer proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products (especially Excel/Word) and web-based applications
SAP Experience a plus
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple PC applications
• Ability to interact with the customer in a helpful and friendly manner and to understand customer needs
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to set priorities and manage time in a dynamic work environment
• Good problem solving, analytical and math skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
- You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Previous 6-Sigma / Lean training or knowledge
• Customer Service experience in an e-Business or B2B environment
• Demonstrated technical aptitude
• Demonstrated process improvement mindset with the capability to drive enhancements throughout the function
• Developed business acumen
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
At SABIC, we know that our success depends on your success. We’re committed to nurturing your talent, to help you achieve both your career ambitions and life goals. We’ve created tailored training and development programs for our employees which are among the best in the petrochemical industry. This is not a job where you dream about the weekend. This is a job where you dream about how you can change things for the better, for everyone. And this is a company where your dreams can be realized, where your ideas can be made reality, and where what you make can make a difference.
SABIC is a global leader in chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping conserve the world’s water supply and enabling colorful smartphone cases, we find solutions to the challenges of today to help our customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow.
Operating in the Americas since 1987, SABIC employs over 5,000 people and operates from 17 office locations and 17 manufacturing sites and technology and innovation centers in Houston, TX; Mt. Vernon, IN; and Selkirk, NY.
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test