( Learn More )
.BHI Energy is looking to fill positions created by our expanding nuclear maintenance projects and outage contracts. These will be long and short term assignments located in the Midwest. While previous nuclear power generation experience is heavily desired, we will consider candidates with other heavy industrial maintenance experience.
The Crane Operator must be proficient in the operation of gantry and mobile cranes in support of movement of various materials during maintenance activities.FUNCTIONS:1. Perform daily per-use inspection of equipment being used.2. Participate in pre-job briefings.3. Operate crane in safe manner according to manufactures specifications and guidance of signalman in charge of lifts.4. Use and properly operate basic rigging equipment/tooling i.e. slings, chokers, cables,come-a-longs, chain falls, shackles, eye bolts, beam clamps, etc.RESPONSIBILITIES:1. Verify per-use equipment inspections have been completed prior to crane operation2. Follow safe work practices3. Use administrative documents, procedures, data sheets/forms properly.4. Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding5. Lift minimum of fifty pounds over head.
EDUCATION I EXPERIENCE:
1. NCCO Certification or equivalent qualification
2. Minimum of 4 years operating experience
1. Personnel must pass a physical examination including vision and hearing test
2. Must be qualified rigger and signalman in accordance with applicable plant procedures
3. Be qualified to perform routine equipment inspections as required by plant procedures and as specified by OSHA regulation 1910.179 and 1910.180.
4. Must certify qualifications per plant specific procedure in a manner similar to the following:
a. Attend refresher training, pass a written examination and a practical operation exam or
b. Provide documentation of classroom training including a written exam and site operating practical
5. Annual site requalification
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test