TEKsystems Global Services is looking for a Client Facing Solution Architect to build Java based technical solutions for our client engagements, as part of our Application Development Practice.
Can sit anywhere across the US.
Summary of responsibilities
* Solution Architecture
* High level and detailed solution architecture design for Java based solutions
* Review of design patterns and component level design
* Assist in creation/validation of stories and epics in Agile model delivery
* Web Services, REST based API development
* Product Management
o Understanding services, technical capabilities, delivery center capabilities, and proof points
o Packaging capabilities and solution content for use in sales and marketing activities
o Prepare value proposition and competitive positioning statements
o Provides feedback to practice area to develop, enhance and package new capabilities
o Provide feedback to delivery management (PMO/Portfolio Management) to enhance delivery process
* Sales Support Activities
o Opportunity qualification (size, technology fit, skill-set fit, delivery location selection, risk)
o Leveraging capabilities, content, and assessment to develop solution vision with client
* Turnover from Sales to Delivery through to ensure:
o Expectations for start date, schedule and ramp up time frame is managed
o Client expectations are clearly communicated to delivery (client environment, culture, key players, escalation points, roles and responsibilities, vision, issues, risks, objectives etc.)
o Delivery team requirements are communicated
o IT/Facilities requirements are collected and communicated
* Participation in Advisory & Steering Meetings
* Relationship Management through
o Informal status checks with clients
o Acting as a "technology consultant"
o Providing advisory and thought leadership support to clients
* Bachelors Degree
* 12+ years of experience in information technology and/or IT professional services
* 5+ years in client facing roles developing new business and providing project management and oversight within professional services
* Prior experience in solution design and development based on Java
* Experience in developing and/or using Web Services, SOA, REST based interfaces and API
* Prior experience in front-end development using HTML5, CSS, JSON and related technologies
* Prior experience in engagement management, project Management with full application development lifecycle using multiple methodologies (AGILE/SCRUM, RUP, Waterfall, etc.)
* Prior experience developing project estimations, project planning, and scheduling
* Strong writing and client facing communications with the ability to effectively develop and maintain client relationships.
* Experience with various technology platforms, application architecture, design, and delivery including experience architecting large e-commerce and web based solutions
* Software or services pre-sales experience with high energy and dynamic personality Strong business acumen with the ability to develop a business case, to gather business requirements, and translate them into application development requirements and project scope.
* Experience administrating client professional services agreements including the change management process.
* Prior experience in programming using various programming languages and databases
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.