Student Nurse Apprentice, Medical Oncology
The largest medical facility in the region,Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, JointCommission-accredited, 330-bed full-service hospital located in IdahoFalls. Idaho Falls offers a rich varietyof outdoor activities with Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone NationalPark, Jackson, WY and Sun Valley all within a short drive from our hospital.
This Student Nurse Apprentice is responsible for providing basic nursing care, communicating andreporting essential information to the Registered Nurse. Thisposition may perform all functions approved by the Board of Nursing forunlicensed assistive personnel as set forth in the rules of the Board ofNursing for the State of Idaho. Responsible forperforming activities of daily living, which includes baths, peri-care and oralcare. Assistswith toileting needs. Obtains and records vital signs,weights, I&Os, pulse oximetry, and blood glucoses, reporting results outsidedefined parameters to licensed nurses in a timely manner.
In addition, the Student Nurse Apprentice, under the direction of a Registered Nurse may:
• Provide hemovaccare.
• Catheterizepatients using straight catheter.
• Check forcirculation, sensation and movement.
• Changenon-sterile/sterile dressings.
• May apply ostomyappliances.
• May discontinueperipheral IV catheter.
• Provide urinary drainagefoley catheter care.
• May removesutures, staples under direct supervision of RN.
• May suction oral,nasal, pharyngeal passages; no tracheal suctioning.
• May administergastrostomy feedings through an established tube.
• May documentinterventions and patient’s response to care.
• May assessHoman’s sign under direct supervision of RN.
Certificate from the State Board of Nursing to practice as a NurseApprentice.
Current nursing studentin good academic standing
Completed BasicFundamentals of Nursing
CPR/BCLS is required on hire.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test